Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Fred Lynn Orioles - Photo Match?

Beantown, just thumbing back through all of the posts, I think I counted 13 or 14 different posters that said that they definitely don't see enough definitive characteristics to call it a match. Not one member posted and said that it looked close or it was a match in their opinion. A unanimous opinion would generally lead most people to believe there is no match. I don't believe that leaves any interpretation open to that it still possibly could be a match. Somebody just posted either it is or it isn't. If your opinions were split 50/50, then that would be a different argument.

Many posters have offered detailed opinions as to why they don't think there is a match, but you don't offer any response as to, "I see what you mean". Just not following your logic as to why you think it still could be a match.

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    Now you sound like Lou Lampson.....wait a minute, you at least tried to look at a photo...lol!!! I'm done here...this photo doesn't answer the question....I'll continue the search....
    Do you know Lou?

Oh, wait, I get it now. You know Lou, and Lou authenticated the jersey for you as a photo match and you are posting it here for validation due to Lou's spotty history.

Now I understand the hostility. Its ok. If you say its a photo match, I believe you, little slugger!

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Beantown, just thumbing back through all of the posts, I think I counted 13 or 14 different posters that said that they definitely don't see enough definitive characteristics to call it a match. Not one member posted and said that it looked close or it was a match in their opinion. A unanimous opinion would generally lead most people to believe there is no match. I don't believe that leaves any interpretation open to that it still possibly could be a match. Somebody just posted either it is or it isn't. If your opinions were split 50/50, then that would be a different argument.

Many posters have offered detailed opinions as to why they don't think there is a match, but you don't offer any response as to, "I see what you mean". Just not following your logic as to why you think it still could be a match.
    I offered my opinion on what characteristics I thought looked good, which some agreed....I addressed most if not all opinions on why individuals didn't think it was a photo match...

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Do you know Lou?

Oh, wait, I get it now. You know Lou, and Lou authenticated the jersey for you as a photo match and you are posting it here for validation due to Lou's spotty history.

Now I understand the hostility. Its ok. If you say its a photo match, I believe you, little slugger!
    About time you come around gramps....glad I could show you the light...

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    I've been trying to photo match my newly accquired Fred Lynn Orioles Gamer from 1985...tough to find good photos of Fred from his Orioles days! I found this one in a Orioles yearbook...is this a photo match???

Also note the arch on the lower part of the nameplate...starts low under the "L" and more material appears under the two "N's"...
    the photo on the left is a home white jersey and the photo on the right is grey away jersey.

um.... no match.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    the photo on the left is a home white jersey and the photo on the right is grey away jersey.

um.... no match.
    Okay, this is the third time I've seen this posted in this thread. I must be color blind or something, because the jersey on the right is obviously a home white on my screen. There are some shadows, but it looks white to me.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]