Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Question Re: AWA85 - Banned???

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Free AWA85 and let's all move onto more important things.
    I think we deserve an update on this situation. Has AWA85's "banning" been commuted? Or did you just hope the issue would die out?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: AWA85 - Banned???

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I think we deserve an update on this situation. Has AWA85's "banning" been commuted? Or did you just hope the issue would die out?

Please tell me why "we" deserve an update. Someone was banned. It's a decision of the site owners. "We" are not entitled to anything in that regard. If you got fired from a job, are your co-workers owed an explanation of why? Please.

Did I misspell anything there?

I believe many have expressed their opinions on this matter. It's now between GUU Owners and AWA85.

You seem passionate about things when you post. However, you need to take a step back and think about how you react and respond.

Too pushy...too demanding...and sometimes straight up rude.

Not sure why, but you may want to tone it down a bit. You can express youself without attacking others and being so harsh.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Regards, Tony

Frik..is there anything about this hobby you enjoy? The vast majority of your posts are so filled with negativity....

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Frik..is there anything about this hobby you enjoy? The vast majority of your posts are so filled with negativity....
    I concur.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Yeah, I do enjoy the hobby. However, during the past month I have had a negative experience with MLB.com Auctions, with GUU regarding AWA85's banning, and with a couple of collectors. Thus, my opinion of the state of game-used collecting has taken a beating.

Add that to my irascible temperament and mercurial mood, and we don't have a pretty picture. In some ways, my personality is a lot like Billy Wagner's, except without the baseball talent. What can I do? We aren't all endowed with cheery dispositions. I am an unhappy person; I collect merely to ease the pain of my personal circumstances.

I just can't be positive in a hobby where I'm always a step away from being ripped off. And in an environment where ethics seem to be secondary to "getting a steal" as a buyer or "flipping" for fast cash as a seller, I just get tired of people who want to take advantage of others. I needn't mention names; you know who you are.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

What can I do? We aren't all endowed with cheery dispositions. I am an unhappy person; I collect merely to ease the pain of my personal circumstances.
    Frik
    It takes a real man to admit what you just admitted. You seem to be a good writer with above average intelligence. There are countless free blog sites on the internet (wordpress.com, etc.). Don't give up on collecting. But, you have a lot to say, so why don't you start a blog about one of the numerous different subjects that you have opinions. More than one hobby is always healthy.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Warren

Banned

Yeah, I do enjoy the hobby. However, during the past month I have had a negative experience with MLB.com Auctions, with GUU regarding AWA85's banning, and with a couple of collectors. Thus, my opinion of the state of game-used collecting has taken a beating.

Add that to my irascible temperament and mercurial mood, and we don't have a pretty picture. In some ways, my personality is a lot like Billy Wagner's, except without the baseball talent. What can I do? We aren't all endowed with cheery dispositions. I am an unhappy person; I collect merely to ease the pain of my personal circumstances.

I just can't be positive in a hobby where I'm always a step away from being ripped off. And in an environment where ethics seem to be secondary to "getting a steal" as a buyer or "flipping" for fast cash as a seller, I just get tired of people who want to take advantage of others. I needn't mention names; you know who you are.
    The way I see it, you didn't like what happened to you with MLB Auctions, but you didn't want to return your item, so you complained about it to the point where there was going to be nothing else done. MLB was not going to give a partial refund, so either send the item back or deal with it as is. You didn't like that a guy got suspended for breaking rules and we all assume he will be back. You didn't like the truth about ball boys giving the pretty girls balls.

I am sorry about your personal circumstances, but truth is we can all be friends on this site, but there is no need to bring topics continually down.

As your last paragraph states, there are those of us who buy and sell memorabilia for a living. You do not have to like it, but it exists in all businesses. You don't have to be bitter about it but use this forum to be sure you are getting a fair and honest deal.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    The way I see it, you didn't like what happened to you with MLB Auctions, but you didn't want to return your item, so you complained about it to the point where there was going to be nothing else done. MLB was not going to give a partial refund, so either send the item back or deal with it as is. You didn't like that a guy got suspended for breaking rules and we all assume he will be back. You didn't like the truth about ball boys giving the pretty girls balls.
    In point of fact, I got the partial refund from MLB.com Auctions. It was only after the Mariners complained to them that they took serious action, refunding me $50 off the lineup card and another $15 on an unrelated shipping overcharge. I also don't like sexism. What's wrong with that? Shouldn't we be training guys of the future to give the ball not necessarily to the prettiest girl, but to the little girl who has her glove, lineup card, and pencil ready to enjoy the ballgame? I don't think there's anything extreme about demanding for MLB.com Auctions to be fair to me and for women to be looked at as more than just sex objects. Yet there are people on this site who think I'm being unreasonable simply because I am standing up for what is just.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Banned

In point of fact, I got the partial refund from MLB.com Auctions. It was only after the Mariners complained to them that they took serious action, refunding me $50 off the lineup card and another $15 on an unrelated shipping overcharge. I also don't like sexism. What's wrong with that? Shouldn't we be training guys of the future to give the ball not necessarily to the prettiest girl, but to the little girl who has her glove, lineup card, and pencil ready to enjoy the ballgame? I don't think there's anything extreme about demanding for MLB.com Auctions to be fair to me and for women to be looked at as more than just sex objects. Yet there are people on this site who think I'm being unreasonable simply because I am standing up for what is just.
    I am happy to hear you finally got some of your money back. I must have quit reading the thread as it was the same stuff over and over again.

I believe I previously preached to you that you should write all the Major League Ball Clubs over this concerns, as maybe they will hire people not to promote sexism. I think society is so sexist that it will be a waste of paper, but I made my point.

I think Warren made the comment above, there are many discussion groups on the web. Find the ones for your concerns over society as I do not think you will make any progress on this site complaining about it. Maybe I am wrong, but you did punish the former Orioles employee for doing what appeared to be natural in his position.