Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: I Collect Joey Votto Game Used Bats, Hit Balls, Jerseys, Gloves, etc

Quote Originally Posted by rchimes13@yahoo.com View Post
    The second part of my 100th HR collection is the road jersey that Joey Votto was wearing when he hit the milestone. It shows EXTENSIVE use (very rare for Votto jerseys anymore) and has the added All-Star Game stars on back after he was elected to his 2nd ASG in 2011.
    Great Jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by MLB~NUT View Post
    Great Jersey!
    +1. Himes, this thread wouldn't be 1/2 of what it has already become without you. Its also a tribute to the respectful rivalry between the Reds and Cardinals that we Reds fans get to share a respectful forum with members like MLB~NUT.

I have a good idea what the third part is, Himes! I'm happy for you that I was accompanying my son in a Redsfest kids-only autograph line and missed it... so he could have have datdude's auto on a practice ball. It worked out for another wonderful collector though. Anticipating you'll present part three with similar elegance as you did the bat and jersey, I can't wait to see part three -- it will be even better than the 1st time! Thanks for helping us all to celebrate Joey Votto!

MLB~NUT thank you! Here is item #3 from Joey Votto's 100th HR game. Game used batting helmet that was taken out of game play a week or so later due to stress crack on bill. I'm almost embarrassed to own this for what I paid, but needless to say I am excited to have captured a huge part of this milestone of my favorite player! If any Orioles fan out there has any of the bases or line up card from this game PLEASE contact me!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

This is the very first glove I purchased for my collection. Bought it from Sports Investments in Cincinnati following the 2008 season and came directly from Reds Clubhouse. It is a game issued Joey Votto 2008 Rawlings outfielders glove signed nicely on back in gold paint pen.

Hoping my continuous posting on this thread will send some "good vibes" to get Votto kick started for last month of season...looks uncomfortable over the last couple weeks Here is a bat I picked up from another GUU member, 2007 GU spring training bat with TREMENDOUS use and also photo-matched to several 2008 Topps cards of Votto's.

Its a good thing when a guy leads his league at getting on base (OBP) even when he's not looking his personal best. The toughness Votto has shown while playing with limited off days coming back from an injury is pretty impressive. Votto playing through this stretch may speak to the team's resiliency among tough peers. Here is a 2013 ball I particularly enjoy because of respect for this season's competition. The Diamondbacks featuring the other NL All Star First Baseman have showed tremendous will in playing inspired ball in some of this season's most memorable games, league wide. Paul Goldschmidt brings Joey Votto circa 2010 to mind. Joey will likely look to raise his game with intentions of defending his All Star starting honors next year.

I believe this ball will help me look back and remember much of what has made 2013 baseball special. The ball from Joey Votto's career hit# 913 off Wade Miley is displayed below. It remained in play for two additional pitches while Joey Votto and Paul Goldschmidt shared space at 1st. They would get more time together as this was Votto's first of three hits on the night.

As Himes' 2007 Spring Training bat shows, Votto wasn't always as clean with his equipment as he is at present. The '08 bat shown below is very unique among Votto's M356 bats I've seen. Obviously it is not MLB authenticated to verify Votto's personal use. A fellow forum member cautioned me about the knob's surface scratching (1st picture). Even with the bat coming from a prior owner I trust, I wrestled with fears about the bat being too messy until finally seeing another M356 with similar game preparation photographed by the Cincinnati Enquirer, in use by Votto. Also, I found relative comfort with the surface scratching on the knob because the "19" is below the surface scratching.

All other things being equal I prefer MLB authenticated bats in the GU database which remove any fears that a bat was used by an alternate player, etc. But, this bat's tremendous use warranted entry to the collection regardless. While its possible that it was used during the regular season, my best guess is that it was used in '08 Spring Training based on the prior owner.

Joey Votto Rookie M356 Bat

Excuse the oddball humor in advance... Last night Boston scored 20 runs in just eight home innings against the Tigers. Perhaps an opportune time to harness the good fortunes of Joey Votto's red socks.

When Votto closed April 2013 sporting the same style as a newly arrived teammate, he seemed to embrace Shin Soo Choo more than his title of "Face of MLB"... an admirable thing in my eyes for one of a team's leaders.

Did the socks reward Joey? Although the surprise of Dominic Brown earned Player of the Month honors in the NL, Votto followed April with some leading numbers on the diamond. Perhaps Votto didn't get the award because somebody was upset how the face had wore his pants. Regardless, I won't mind seeing whether the power in these red socks May harness some eye popping numbers yet again.

Joey Votto Career Hit #852

Question Re: I Collect Joey Votto Game Used Bats, Hit Balls, Jerseys, Gloves, etc

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post

Did the socks reward Joey? Although the surprise of Dominic Brown earned Player of the Month honors in the NL, Votto followed April with some leading numbers on the diamond. Perhaps Votto didn't get the award because somebody was upset how the face had wore his pants. Regardless, I won't mind seeing whether the power in these red socks May harness some eye popping numbers yet again.
    Grammar notwithstanding, you mean to say that Votto's socks may have cost him Player of the Month?

Am I reading you correctly?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Grammar notwithstanding, you mean to say that Votto's socks may have cost him Player of the Month?

Am I reading you correctly?
    Of course not. Just trying to be funny.