Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Twins sign Thome

Too bad no more dome! Thome hit a homerun there its seemed like every game!
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Damn it. Now I gotta get a Twins jersey too !
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Damn it. Now I gotta get a Twins jersey too !
    and a bat ...

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The big question is that will he get the at-bats. That's most important, and I just don't know if Thome will get that with the Twins are even anywhere else. It's so hard to find a suitor when you're aging and a one-dimensional player.
    Well said. Nothing more than another Thome/LA deal here. This deal was great for Twins, but for Thome he won't see the time necesary to stay fresh and keep his numbers rolling. Not a good fit for him.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Thome will get plenty of at bats at DH probably fellas...Thome loves Chicago and if he was only going to get a few pinch hits off the bench he would have worked something out. Thome is looking to get a decent number of at bats and I am sure the twins will give him that if he shows to be productive. Not to many options for him so signing with the Twins was good for Jim and the twins got a class act who will be a fan favorite and is in the midst of putting up 'legit' numbers that are not seen to often especially not 'tainted' numbers. Overall great signing for both parties, hope he gets a shot at 600 somehow.

On mlb.com they said they believe he will get 200-250 at bats. Do you really think he will get that many?

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    On mlb.com they said they believe he will get 200-250 at bats. Do you really think he will get that many?
    No, not unless the use Kubel in OF, and I don't know how that will effect regular OF setup? As I said, even at 250 AB's, 600 is far off... Most HR hitters need 400-500 AB's to be effective, stay "in it." We don't know Thome's options as TB and Detroit were identified only as suitors.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

Jim Thome - is an American professional baseball designated hitter for Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins. He bats left-handed and throws right-handed.
    Thome, a 19-year veteran, signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Twins on January 26, 2010. However, he can also earn up to $750,000 in incentives.[1]
    Jim Thome has worn uniform number 25 for most of his career. He briefly wore #6 in his first season with the Cleveland Indians and #42 to honor Jackie Robinson in 2007 with the Chicago White Sox. It is unknown what uniform number he will wear with the Twins because second baseman Alexi Casilla wears number 25.

Since he is going to be getting incentives I would think there going to be giving him some playing time. Probably to hit home runs and such.

Suave,
    Nice biography with the obvious info. I think Jim will wear #25, as Casea will be willing to give it up for a guy like Jim. Out of respect.

Bob,
    I think you should just go ahead and give up on Jim. That way you can sell the Thome's to me. You will then have plenty of funds for your Dunn,and Mauer quest....
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Any idea what year this could be from? Many of you have probably seen this same bat before, think another forum member previously owned it. Has tape on the handle although is done a bit different than he currently does. You see lots of photos of him using a two tone Rawlings in 95' but no Louisville Sluggers that I can find.
    Attached Images Attached Images