Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood
SDG stands for Solo a Dios Gloria whch roughly translates to Glory of God. Bernie is a classically trained guitar player and this phrase is derived from one of the movements from one of his favorite classical pieces.
Hello Yankwood-

Thanks for the information. Having studied Italian and knowing that Bernie was from Puerto Rico (with Spanish being his native tongue), I thought it was highly likely it was "SDG" with the "D" standing for "Dios".

BTW, Bernie has been one of my favorite players for years and I was one of his earliest proselytizers. In fact, I remember purchasing 1,000 of his rookie cards when he was still in the minor leagues and telling everyone he was going to be a star. It was the first time I purchased baseball cards since I was a kid and thought it would be a good investment (back then people were buying cards in bulk as investments). In fact, I still have the 1,000 cards and the receipt with the original date of purchase.

I also saw Bernie perform with his guitar on Good Morning America. He's actually very good. If I'm not mistaken, I think Paul Simon had good things to say about his guitar playing abilities.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier