Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: All-Star Dealers reality show

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Were these items OWNED by GF at the time or on consignment?

The reason I ask is there have been many heated debates on these pages about do or don't ever wear your GU jerseys.

If the jersey was on consignment and people were wearing it around the office, I just lost a lot more respect for GF. What if it tore when you or someone else was putting it on? Who takes the blame - especially on a $1m jersey?

Not jumping on you specifically - I wear my GU jerseys sometimes - but if that is policy at GF with items, it makes me cringe.

Just my .02

- Smitty
    I hear ya. I put the shirt on for about 3 minutes 'very carefully' and snapped off a few pics, not a big deal. I'm a major Yankees fan and no way would I let a authentic Babe Ruth shirt go out the door without trying it on first. Shirt is also in incredible shape...no chance of ripping by putting it on over a dress shirt. LOL, uniforms are a daily dealing with the people over at GF, they see these rare items on a daily basis and definitely do not wear them around the office. I think the only other uniform I ever tried on there was a shaq jersey...the bottom hit the floor like a dress and im 6'1.

Not sure why someone would not want to wear a gamer. These items are not fine china - its a used shirt and meant to be worn, just dont spill your morning coffee on it, wash it or play a game or tackle football with it on and everything will be just fine.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post
    I hear ya. I put the shirt on for about 3 minutes 'very carefully' and snapped off a few pics, not a big deal. I'm a major Yankees fan and no way would I let a authentic Babe Ruth shirt go out the door without trying it on first. Shirt is also in incredible shape...no chance of ripping by putting it on over a dress shirt. LOL, uniforms are a daily dealing with the people over at GF, they see these rare items on a daily basis and definitely do not wear them around the office. I think the only other uniform I ever tried on there was a shaq jersey...the bottom hit the floor like a dress and im 6'1.

Not sure why someone would not want to wear a gamer. These items are not fine china - its a used shirt and meant to be worn, just dont spill your morning coffee on it, wash it or play a game or tackle football with it on and everything will be just fine.
    Hmmm. I can't say I agree with that.

Not sure if I'm the minority but I consider any use after the player as de-valuing; excluding proper handling. I deal mostly in shoes so you can see why my POV is slightly more skewed.

In any event, I'm positive the owners and buyers would be less than pleased that the staff of auction houses were trying-on items. If I were to send GF an item it doesn't mean I give them permission to handle my item in ways not related to selling.

Quote Originally Posted by primeradriver View Post
    I deal mostly in shoes so you can see why my POV is slightly more skewed.
    Rest assured. Nobody at any auction house is walking around the office in the game used sneakers you consign to them.
    :)