Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeffaary View Post
    Michael:

Here are some more examples of there being no absolutes with Starter era Pats jerseys:

And I literally mean moved. You can clearly see remants on my Byars Super Bowl jersey where the logos were before they moved them up. The following season the logos remained above the numbers.
    Great info Jeff.

Jim, that sounds great, would love the chance at a Law jersey (1998 home would be awesome, if not that a 2001/03 home would be next on the wish list). Speaking of Ty Law...

Ty Law 1997 game used helmet
    This helmet was worn by Ty Law from the preseason all the way through the playoffs. The Flying Elvis logos were not changed on this helmet throughout the season as the same ones can be seen from preseason until the end of the season. The rear decal that covers up the "Riddell" decal has been removed. In the playoffs the Patriots switched from the blue "PATRIOTS" rear decal to a "Riddell" decal with the Patriots logo to the left of it and a playoff logo to the right of it (this can be seen in the last photo). The chinstrap is screwed to the helmet on the upper attachments and shows season long wear. During most of the season Law has the lower right chin strap attached with the lower left strap hanging loose. The 1997 Patriots season was the first under Pete Carroll and ended with a playoff loss in Pittsburgh.

A special thanks to Larry P. who was kind enough to allow me to add this to my collection. Larry was a real pleasure to deal with and is a great asset to our community.
    Attached Images Attached Images