Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: mlb cap collectors

Joel I just re-read what I wrote and I do understand what you mean by what I said could have been miisleading. So I will be big enough to Apologize to you or anyone else that I have possibly mislead.

At the same time though given the information provided by the seller it still could not have been 1960'S Game Hat of DiMaggios (FROM THAT TIME PERIOD IF IT IS BEARING THE LOGO).

So in actuality really what I wrote was not misleading cuz again he is claiming it is a "GAME HAT" not a "CHARITY DINNER OR OLD TIMERS DAY HAT"

Better yet we all know Joe Dimaggio showed up to those past type of events but does anyone know if he actually played a game.

I never seen anything showing him actually playing, just sitting in the dug out.

it does not have the logo on it, i was wondering more along the lines if it was a pro model cap, and around what time it was from,cause i believe the seller took me for a ride! as for the name sewn in it doesn't matter as the only player i know that ever did that was babe ruth and it was more of a stamped in leather effect. i was curious if anything the seller described was the truth! thank's zonker

thank's eric for posting the pic's from the old timers game that's as far up to date as iv'e seen him in uniform also. http:tigerx.com/people/dimaggio.htm has a similar picture showing the opposite side of the inside rim of cap, but i'm not computer savvy enough to post pic. i just assumed someone maybe sewed it in to help id the cap in there collection. even up to then it doesn't look as if that was something joe would do. thank's zonker

Zonker, did you ask the seller how he obtained the hat?

Discussed almost to the day, one year ago...
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/38322...0/DiMaggio+Hat

yes! he claimed that he abtained it from a very reliable sorce that use to be affiliated within the yankee orginization, and that was all the responce i got until the auction was over. i opened with the 300.00 bid then nothing! i wish i could find out for sure as someone posted earlier that the same exact hat was on ebay a year ago! as i was not a member until may of this year i tried going back through his feedback from sellers to see if he purchased it on the ebay site but without a close date to look for i'm not haveing any luck. i was hoping the guy that remembers it being under discussion might find a old thread in it or a close date, but nothing so far i've tried contacting seller again to see if there was a way his "source" could be reached for a few question's but no answer so far! the only responce i got at all was after auction when i opened a dispute for item not received and he emailed me being kind of nasty and was told wife was in surgery and the last thing on his mind was ebay and me just to keep my pants on and it would come and when it came to close dispute!

Banned

Zonker I am curious by you looking at the hat can you tell if it shows pretty good use, cuz from the pictures it looks like it has some good use.

My point is Lets say for arguements sake this hat was from an Old Timers Game or Charity event. Would it show as much use as it does??
    I wear my hats and they don't start showing use like that till after at least a month or 2 and thats wearing it everyday my hats.

yes it has alot of use on it.and his name is t morin

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Joel I just re-read what I wrote and I do understand what you mean by what I said could have been miisleading. So I will be big enough to Apologize to you or anyone else that I have possibly mislead.
    Jason,

Thank you. I accept your apology.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

here is an enlargement of the photo, zonkers wanted to post: too dang grainy. Although, the cap in the old timer's photo looks like it has a well-used, dirty sweatband...