Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Santo finally makes the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    I hope not.
    I just think that if he deserved to be in that he should have gotten in while he was alive and could have enjoyed it.
    What purpose does it serve now except to make a few die hard Cubbie fans all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Yes, it is a shame they waited until he passed to elect him.

I posted this before and I'll post it again - I got to spend the past few years working with Ron Santo at various autograph appearances and before I met him I didn't think he qualified to be in the Hall of Fame.

After seeing him with the public who adored him, I realized he belonged in the Hall of Fame, not solely based on his career on the playing field but also for his contributions off the field after he retired.

Ernie Bank and Ryne Sandberg may have been career Chicago Cubs, but Ron Santo lived and died a Chicago Cubs fan and dedicated his life to that organization, their fans and the sport of baseball.

A true class individual who deserved to enjoy being elected to The Hall of Fame but in the end only his fans and family will be able to enjoy his well deserved enrichment.

Banned