Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Red Flags!

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Red Flags!

Reid-
    The dash between the year and set tag is a dead giveaway. REAL Phillies jerseys manufactured by Wilson never have this dash. There are dozens of 1980 and 1981 Rose, Schmidt, Carlton, and Bowa's floating around with the bad tagging. Should you be offered one-run.

How about this Brett jersey to further show what a bogus Wilson tag looks like. This is sad!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEORGE-BRETT-GAM...QQcmdZViewItem

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Equipment authenticators who issue letters of opinion but don't back their letters up. Would this be a red flag?

Here is another Pujols bat with a flag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-20...QQcmdZViewItem
    I contacted the seller and here was his reply:

"it's obvious you don't know anything about albert pujols. the bat is from ASI and ASI deals with albert pujols, alex rodriguez. they have been selling game used items for over 5 years. go do some research on someone else and if you don't like the bat don't buy it."

I am so grateful for sites like this so that people can be educated so they can pick out the fakes like this.

davidzirnhelt1@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davetiki View Post
    Here is another Pujols bat with a flag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-20...QQcmdZViewItem
    I contacted the seller and here was his reply:

"it's obvious you don't know anything about albert pujols. the bat is from ASI and ASI deals with albert pujols, alex rodriguez. they have been selling game used items for over 5 years. go do some research on someone else and if you don't like the bat don't buy it."

I am so grateful for sites like this so that people can be educated so they can pick out the fakes like this.

davidzirnhelt1@yahoo.com

Here is something interesting the seller is also selling a REAL Albert Pujols Jersey or at least its authenticated by Mears with an A5. Are you sure the bat was fake? Unfortunately ebay has taken down the photos of the bat so we can't see them, but what made you think the bat was a fake?

It was an x-bat with a domincan flag on it. According to Birdbats research, Pujols never used those. They could be ordered by anyone on the internet and many ended up in the hobby as game used.
    Eric

I just wanted to add a word on the Manny Ramirez jerseys from his charity. I know many of you have posted on these in the past. Yes they seem suspicious, but I believe the ones from his charity are real...I cannot speak for the ones from ASI, ESM, etc. I have handled many of these and there is a specific reason I am confident that they are real. Manny splashes on expensive perfume before every game. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I even found corroborating evidence: "Jinxed" by Ken Leiker mentions it. I have some jerseys that still carry a strong perfume scent three years later. I think he ordered a ton of them, but I'm convinced they were used.

Chris

I have also handled several of shirts from his charity and did smell the cologne on the shirts. However, that cologne did not smell like men's cologne.

The jerseys may have been worn, but I believe that they were doctored. I have nearly every Red Sox game from 2003 and 2004 archived and in going back and reviewing the games, it is evident that the dirt stains are not consistent with actual game wear. How do you explain dirt stains inside the jersey and on the year tagging? It is not as if he slid into second base with his shirt untucked.

How about the supposed game used Manny shirts from 2005 from Steiner? I saw a few of them and they show absolutely no use with crisp tags. Same goes for the 25 "game used" shirts that he unloaded to Sportsworld in Boston following the '05 season.

It amazes me that he pulls in $20MM a year and floods the market with all of this memorabilia. I am a big fan but you must due your due diligence when buying Manny stuff, even though him or his people.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer35 View Post
    How about the supposed game used Manny shirts from 2005 from Steiner? I saw a few of them and they show absolutely no use with crisp tags.
    Patrick,

Since S.Carter cannot respond at this time, perhaps one of his colleagues at Steiner can comment on this. I hope Steiner has not resorted to American Memorabilia's avoidance strategy.

Sincerely,
    Snoop Doggy Dogg (aka, Reid)
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Bears "gamers" made by Wilson from the late 80's and early 90's. The mail-order "authentics" that were available during this time period are identical to Bears team issued jerseys. Bottom line, if it doesn't show game use, you've probably got a "store bought" jersey. I just saw a Payton mail-order sell on ebay for over $800. It was listed as "game used worn". Another just like it went for the more appropriate price of $114 partially because the seller didn't list it as a gamer and because it wasn't even Walter's size. It was a size 38 and Walter wore a 42.

Nolan Ryan Astros Jerseys with the Goodman tag in the neck, Goodman never put tags in the necks of Astros pull over jerseys they were always in the tail,I personally own 12 and have seen hundreads. They didnt start putting tags in the necks of his jerseys until Ryan was with the Rangers
    Mike Sharon
    george.sharon@cyfairvfd.org