Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Exclamation Re: Milwaukee Braves flannel—year ID help

Here are the photos of the jersey... In person, it easily looks like a legit gamer, it is certainly high-quality enough. My friend has owned it for at least 30+ years as mentioned, it came to him in trade. Back story was it came from a thrift store in Wisconsin (where he lived), they also had the pants but the original buyer didn't want to spend the extra .50 cents for them!

Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Milwaukee Braves flannel—year ID help

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Here are the photos of the jersey... In person, it easily looks like a legit gamer, it is certainly high-quality enough. My friend has owned it for at least 30+ years as mentioned, it came to him in trade. Back story was it came from a thrift store in Wisconsin (where he lived), they also had the pants but the original buyer didn't want to spend the extra .50 cents for them!

Any help is appreciated!
    That one is a mystery. Looks like a legit 50s Braves flannel. The lack of the sleeve patch and the unknown supplier tag puzzles me. I am not sure if they even made salesman's samples during that era. I do not have an answer, but I would like to hear other's opinions. Still, a nice jersey...

Banned

Very attractive flannel, but not a Milwaukee piece...numbers are the wrong font style and the front number wouldn't be positioned to cover the placket braiding. It would be great to know just who used it...if it weren't adult-sized, I'd guess MAYBE a Father & Son Game at County Stadium.
    More detective work will be needed, but it's still a great display item.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I would contact Dave Grob. He might be able to answer your questions. He once helped me with a 50's Braves jersey. You can get his email from the MEARS website or email me and I can send you a couple of scans of mine for comparison. Good luck.