On the Goldin Auctions, there is a Johnny Damon Smokers game used jersey. I have been collecting Rays game used items for over 15 years and each year for the Rays throwback games, the team sells the game used jerseys and gives an issued one to the player to keep.

Goldin Auctions has a Damon Smokers jersey that is up for auction that they got from Johnny. I am left to assume one of 2 things.

1) either Johnny wore 2 jerseys in that game.
2) he is selling the issued one he got from the team as game used.

I have a game used smokers item and I will go through the database and will provide that authentication number for the Damon game used jersey to prove that at bare minimum Damon wore 2 jerseys in that game. My person hunch though is that the Smokers Damon jersey is only issued.

Below is a link to a promotional piece that MLB had to promote that Smokers auction back in 2011, mentioning the Damon jersey

In the promotional piece on the link below it states
"Johnny Damon was 4-for-4 on July 2 and passed Ted Williams on the all-time hits list. If he should stick around long enough to reach 3,000 hits, you could be assured of having the only signed game-used items from him in a Smokers uni."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/print.jsp?ym...&vkey=news_bal