Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Yoenis Cespedes Signing

I wouldn't have him sign it. The guy didn't just not play in the all star game, he was't even a all-star that year.

Why have a non all-star player sign the base used during the all-star game when the player wasn't even on the team. The home run derby is totally different then the actual game.

I decided to have him sign it, pay for the ticket, and wait on line for a hour and a half. Signing was scheduled for 6:30-8:00. 8:00 comes, about 100 people still waiting and...... he is gone. Claims he was "sick". I am sure he was

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    I decided to have him sign it, pay for the ticket, and wait on line for a hour and a half. Signing was scheduled for 6:30-8:00. 8:00 comes, about 100 people still waiting and...... he is gone. Claims he was "sick". I am sure he was
    As disappointed/upset as you might feel, it's entirely possible he is actually sick. He's 0 for his last three games, I think. Maybe he's caught a bug.

Oh well. I would blame Steiner for this, honestly. He was paid for a 90 minute appearance, and it sounds like he fulfilled his obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Oh well. I would blame Steiner for this, honestly. He was paid for a 90 minute appearance, and it sounds like he fulfilled his obligation.

I agree
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Its not oh-well to the guy behind me, who drove two hours with his son to meet him. I probably go to 20 or 30 signings a year, and I have heard they and the player/agent agree to a certain number of tickets. So long as you are on line within that time, you get an autograph. I have never had a player just get up and leave before. Clown move, bro.