No, I'm not talking about Manny.

I'm hearing rumors that the Dodgers are trying to make a trade that would land Alexi Ramirez on the Dodgers, and send Hanley to Chicago. Not sure if there are other parts and pieces involved in the discussions.

I am one Dodger fan who is scratching my head over this. Of course Alexi is an outstanding player, a great teammate, and is a top quality shortstop who can hit. But he does NOT have the power of Hanley who, if healthy, can win another batting title. I see this as a "trade-off" move on the surface.

What I don't know is WHY the dodgers appear to be so pressed to get rid of Hanley. There seems to be some underlying reason, almost a grudge. Maybe the often-injured Hanley is using PEDS and the Dodgers are aware of it? He has added quite a bit of upper body to his game in the last couple of years. (For the record, I LOVE Hanley and am not thinking this to be the case, just trying to figure out the Dodgers distain towards him). Maybe his "body language" last year is something the Dodgers just want to rid themselves of, I don't know (Hanley's general demeanor last year included a head-down stroll almost every at-bat, and his injury list was lengthy). Hanley unfortunately did cost Clayton Kershaw a perfect game with his one throwing error on a rushed throw to first on a slow dribbler, but that's certainly no reason to dump him all by itself.

Maybe the new President of Baseball Operations, Andrew Friedman, just wants to go another direction. In light of the big picture, and Hanley's age (he's going to be 31 December 23, 2014, and want's a minimum 5-year deal in the neighborhood of $90 mil+) the Dodgers seem completely unwilling to even consider retaining him long term. It's hard to argue with the move if it does take place, but the potential loss of a power-hitting potential repeat batting title champion is a big move. Not sure I like it, unless of course the Dodgers know something we don't.

Any Chicago White Sox fans out there that care to share your feelings on this? Konerko retired. They already dumped Dunn. If they unload Alexi, a mainstay great player, they're obviously folding up tent and looking to rebuild. You going to start off rebuilding with Hanley?

Chris