Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Don Mattingly's disgrace

It is all a game of what if's. What if Mattingly makes the move to the pen for Kershaw and the bullpen emplodes for 8 runs then you would be pissed for not leaving him in. Puig had struck out 8 times in 12 at bats he obviosly wasnt right so why not try and switch it up with a man who is paid 15 million a year to play the outfield in Either. If you want to blame someone blame the gm for overpaying for Either. What will they do with Pederson now. Are they going to run a 5 man outfield rotation again. Just because they have the highest payroll doesnt mean they were the most talented team on the field. The cardinals have owned Kershaw in the playoffs for whatever reason maybe you should just chalk it up to that. There is a reason the Cardinals and Giants have been in the past 5 NLCS. They are good teams too with a smaller payroll.

I wanna read this...but all I see is "wah wah waaaaaah wah waaah waahha sniffle waaahh wahhha waaaaaaaaaah." Then another rant about how the Doyers should be handed the world series ring because they paid for it.

Too bad this is baseball and the Cardinals were and are the better TEAM. Not to mention, if they did get past the Cardinals, the Giants are still a better TEAM.

When that final game ended, I personally could not contain my laughter because I knew I'd see or hear something like this.

And no, I'm not a Cards or a Giants fan....I unfortunately am a Padres fan (another reason why I couldn't contain my laughter)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post

Some of Stengel's Yankee players have been critical of him in various ways. And when Stengel managed the Boston Braves in 1943, he was hit by a car at the start of the season. As a result he missed the first few weeks before he recovered enough to return to the dugout. One Boston writer rudely recommended the car's driver for Boston's "Sportsman of the Year".

When Stengel testified before Congress during his Yankee years, his Stengelese was incomprehensible to the solons. So when Mantle said " My opinions are the same as Casey's" a congressman replied: " Thank you, Mr. Mantle. Would you be so good as to explain what Casey's opinions are?"