Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Grey Flannel Does The Right Thing Even 6 Years Later!

There are positives and negatives to many auction stories, so I thought I would share one in which Grey Flannel did the right thing, even 6 years later.

A fellow Juan Gonzalez collector had a 1989 Juan Gonzalez #13 Game Used Road Jersey, which was authenticated by Grey Flannel and sold in their November 17, 2004 Winter Auction for $1,500.

I knew Juan Gonzalez was issued #13, as shown in their 1989 Texas Rangers Media Guide, but never knew if he actually wore #13 in a game, before eventually wearing #19.

I wrote to Major League Baseball and got the video for Juan Gonzalez's Major League Debut Game on September 1, 1989. Well, after viewing the video, I found that Juan Gonzalez never wore #13, because #13 was worn by Harold Baines for the Texas Rangers in 1989.

Juan Gonzalez made his Major League Debut wearing #19, and never changed his number until he left the Texas Rangers.

Grey Flannel was contact and provided proof. In the end, and especially it being 6 years later, Grey Flannel reimbursed him the entire $1,500.

Michael Russek was the one who made this happen. I commend him for doing this!

A successful story that you often don't hear about!

I don't think an auction house should be authenticating items they sell in their auctions. Conflict of interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~