Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Derek Jeter - California Sports Investments

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    Bobby, thank you so much for taking time to respond to the thread, I appreciate it. You and I are on the same wave length as to "Once a crook always a crook". I had read a post you made earlier but I did not want to list your name in my thread. With being new to the forum I did not know if that would be appropriate.

Thank you so much for responding too, I appreciate it. That makes no sense of issuing a COA without a hologram on the flag. I also believe like you that Steiner should hold themselves to a higher standard.

I had read on another forum that someone had removed either a Steiner, MLB or UDA hologram without destroying it. I want to say it was Steiner but I might be wrong. I also worry about with the technology out there that someone could print their on hologram. My question was about this jersey: http://californiasportsinv.com/detai...1806&sportid=1
    I'm sorry, this thread should have been in a different forum but I did see the same jersey on ebay.

Again, I really appreciate both of our responses and hopefully it won't take me too long to get up to speed on the basics of game-worn/used equipment.

...Rick

Rick, after reading the thread linked by Bobby I would personally not even consider any items from CSI. While I believe based on the photos that the item is more than likely legit it's source is way too much of a detractor. Also, while I'm sure someone has been able to remove a holo and place it another item I do not believe this to be a prevalent issue. Without going into detail unscrupulous sellers like CSI can use many practices to alter a game used item without having to remove the hologram.

I have learned in my time collecting game used items that just when I think I have the basics covered something comes along that leaves me searching for more knowledge.... luckily the forums here are the greatest resource to obtain this knowledge. ~Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Rick, after reading the thread linked by Bobby I would personally not even consider any items from CSI. While I believe based on the photos that the item is more than likely legit it's source is way too much of a detractor. Also, while I'm sure someone has been able to remove a holo and place it another item I do not believe this to be a prevalent issue. Without going into detail unscrupulous sellers like CSI can use many practices to alter a game used item without having to remove the hologram.

I have learned in my time collecting game used items that just when I think I have the basics covered something comes along that leaves me searching for more knowledge.... luckily the forums here are the greatest resource to obtain this knowledge. ~Joe
    Joe,

Thank you so much for your time. I'll take you guys advice and continue looking for a Jeter and Mo Rivera auto'd game-used jersey. Living in NY I can't see paying the NY State sales tax I would be forced to pay buying something from Steiner. Again, thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

...Rick

Hey Rick,

No problem, glad to be of help. If I see any nice Jeter or Mariano game used jersey's out there, I'll let you know. I checked out your site with your autographed memorabilia, you have some very nice stuff. I just listed a nice signed 1/56 Joe Dimaggio jersey, check it out on ebay if you get a chance.

Best Regards,
    Bobby

Bobby,

Thank you. I will be sure to check out the DiMaggio, hopefully tomorrow when I a little extra time. Thank you also for letting me know if you run across a Jeter or Mo Rivera auto'd jersey. I guess I could get just a jersey and get it auto'd by attending a show or sending in to Steiner at a later date. Again, thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

...Rick