Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: AMI Auction: Dennie Martinez "Rookie"

Eric, I gave them adequate time to repond since the 22nd......The pros at AMI only changed their direction after I responded with FACTUAL information this morning on this forum (same FACTUAL information I provided to them the 22nd). I am awaiting their FIRST response to me. I want to hear what they ACTUALLY know about his jersey.

Bill
    whhp72@yahoo.com

Bill

You have gone above and beyond here. But don't you just want to know what they had to say about it?

Maybe "James A. Rast" will answer the phone.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Bill

You have gone above and beyond here. But don't you just want to know what they had to say about it?

Maybe "James A. Rast" will answer the phone.
    Eric
    Eric,

Bill doesn't need to waste his time. I can tell you what they'd say (based on many, many personal experiences with them). It will start out with "Hey, Buddy, great to hear from you!" Everyone is AMI's "Buddy." Then, after the question is posed, one of two canned responses will follow: (a) "We'll need to get back to you about that, Buddy." or (b) "Lou's not in right now, Buddy, but we can relay a message for you."

To quote Howard: "When will the madness end?"

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Eric, while as much as much as I would love Mr. Rast to answer the phone at AMI, their silence to me almost 96 hours ago SPEAKS VOLUMES!

I love that my KNOWLEDGE (I'm not on AMI's payroll) has changed their auction description. I haven't received a dime nor a thank you!

Dave O'Brien (Collect GU) where are you??? ..............I'd love to hear from Ron F. as well Obviously, I've given up on Rocco or Mr. Rast...

The facts are on my side, please tell me what you know....

Bill
    whhp72@yahoo.com

Bill,

You asked me to chime in. It looks like they made an error in the description and then corrected it based on your e-mail and/or your post. Personally I think that is the responsible thing to do, and I don't see a problem with that. If you want credit, what don't you call them and ask why they didn't thank you...I have no idea why you felt you needed to take a swipe at Ron F. as he has nothing to do with this....

Dave

Speaking of Kieta, what's her last name? Rudy, the imdb profile is a classic. The Full House credentials really make her legit.

Tim

Banned

Tim-
    It appears you are a real novice to Hollywood scene and possibly the National Enquirer.

In this day and age, who's not familiar with the likes of the ultra famous "one name stars" such as of Cher, Charo, Fabio, Madonna, Lassie, and of course Kieta!

Really.........

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Bill,

You asked me to chime in. It looks like they made an error in the description and then corrected it based on your e-mail and/or your post. Personally I think that is the responsible thing to do, and I don't see a problem with that. If you want credit, what don't you call them and ask why they didn't thank you...I have no idea why you felt you needed to take a swipe at Ron F. as he has nothing to do with this....

Dave
    Personally, I think the responsible thing to do is to spend enough time researching the items you're putting your name behind to get it right the first time. How much time & effort would have been required for them to have gotten it right? And why does it take four days for them to correct the error of their ways?

And by the way, just where did they get that Dennis Martinez made his debut in May? That isn't a true statement for 1976, 1977, 1978 or 1979. I can't see where that statement could possibly have come from except from 100% thin air. To me that's the most interesting aspect of this mess - just where exactly did that come from?

Seriously, no joke. Let's put the system to the test. Please ask that question about the where the authenticator came up with the may debut to ami to pass along to lou. I would love to know the answer.

Do the experiment right and let's see how long it takes to get an actual answer.

Eric

The language about the May debut has been removed. I suspect we're never going to know where that came from, and the door is open for the "geez they made a simple mistake and corrected it" crowd. Oh well.