MLB has apparently decided that reporters covering its games needed some guidance in the clothing area.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/media/...bers-1.3371969

Fair enough. Major League players and coaches are held to a pretty strict off-the-field dress code while on the road; it's disrespectful, and doesn't reflect well on their own professionalism, for reporters to be shuffling around wearing t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops...particularly when those media types are team employees.

What I really don't understand is the prohibition against the wearing of any article of clothing with a team logo on it. Is a (for example) Mets broadcaster or reporter, employed by the Mets, supposed to be keeping his preference for the team that pays his salary a secret?

This brings up a question that has been bugging me for years - since I found out that the players are also not supposed to be wearing the logo of the team that they play for, while off the field. I'm sure that I've seen team Presidents, GMs, etc, wearing golf shirts with their team logos on them; so what's wrong with the players doing it? This is completely inexplicable to me.