Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Help authenticating my NOLAN RYAN hand cast

Most of you Ryan collectors probably know of the Bronze Memories hand cast that Ryan was molded for but some may not know of the Noll hand cast session that he did before that. In 1986 Robin and Paul Noll contracted Nolan to do a life cast of his face (the only facial casting EVER done of Ryan) and hand holding a baseball. The method they used to mold his hand actually used a rubber and plaster cast. Unlike the Brinze memories cast which his hand was dipped in a mold, leaving no original mold in the end.
    The Noll's sell these hands and faces on e bay now and one of their facial castings hangs in the MLB Hall Of Fame. After forming a friendship with the Nolls, I was able to obtain the original hand cast and the Astros cap that was used in the castings. I have %100 positively photo matched the molding to the one on Ryan's hand and the unique stitching patterns and flaws on the cap can be %100 matched in pics and the final casting. The best thing is, the rubber mold still contains about 40 of Ryan's arm hairs and roots that were pulled out during the process ! I own Nolan Ryan's DNA lol! That sounds weird to most, but for the biggest Ryan fan, it's amazing!
    Does anyone know of a professional service that will do a photo match authentication for me? I once met with Nolan to have him inscride the cap and mold as the ones he used in the molding. Although he was sure they were authentic, he said he couldn't inscribe them unless it was authenticate by a professional. Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images