Quote Originally Posted by Tay1038 View Post
Thank you to everyone who responded to my thread. Even the crack with the blue boarder masterpiece card. That was pretty funny!

As I already mentioned my idea is to turn this set in to a framed autographed display piece for my office. So this is just the starting point for me in dropping a boat load of cash. In the back of my head I had in the lower range of $3000 for the complete set with the Babe Ruth /350. My ultimate goal is to pick up the Babe Ruth /50 that is actually part of this set and sell off the /350 one as it was not intended as an insert for the 500 HR set.

My question now is - how much should I discount off if I don't take the Babe Ruth /350? And any idea what the Babe Ruth /50 will cost? There is a guy on eBay that has the whole set plus both both Babe Ruth cards and he wants $8000 for everything. Everything is graded PSA 9 or 10, but really I could care less. I actually prefer mine not to be graded.

Thank you,
Taylor

remove the Ruth 4500 - 1000 = 3500 value

I'd pay 80% on the Mantle and Williams = .80 X 900 = $720
and 50% on the other cards in the set. = 3500 - 900 = 2600 @ .50 = $1300

so $2020

He might says I won't break up the set but tell him that he has the wrong Ruth card so its not a complete set afterall.

Personally, I think there's better items to display on the office wall for that amount of cash. To each their own tho. Good luck.