Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: GFC Who got what?

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    I picked up the GU bats for Barry Larkin and Eddie Murray-happy with the additions.

Thanks, Ben

Ben, you picked up that Larkin bat?!?!? Many I put in those final bids to get to where it was the day before and could not believe somebody else wanted a Larkin that bad also. After a month of waiting for that bat, I let go last night.

Did end up with a consolation price of the Barry Larkin road jersey.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

I ended up with the Eric Show jersey. Probably paid too much, but wanted it really really bad.

Bobby Doerr jersey. Someone bid me up substantially at the end and I wonder if they are on here...
    Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

Everyone is on Here!

I got outbid at 7:00 this morning? Whats up with that? I hit the shower at 6AM with my prize possession and it was gone by breakfast!

I went to bed at around midnight (I was exhausted) winning a bunch of items.

Woke up to find out I lost out on all of them except for the LeBron game used high school shoe.

This is the first Grey Flannel auction in a long time that I didn't really find a least one MUST HAVE item (In a reasonable price range), still many great pieces.

I do however hate the morning after though when you see something you wish you had went after.
    Mainly for me the Bernard King jersey & a few others.

I can't believe how much the Chris Webber went for & how much the Jeff Lebo/UNC jersey went for.

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatwill View Post
    I was high bidder on the 1944 Muddy Ruel White Sox uniform and was surprised that it did not go for higher. I also picked up the shared Nyman/Ortiz flannel gamer, which I found to be cheap vis-a-vis my maximum bid. Lost out though on the Powell Yankees hat from the late 1930's, really wanted that since it shared the same dugout with Gehrig and Dimaggio.
    As of about 5 years ago that Muddy Ruel uniform had the Stars and Stipes patch on the sleeve. Someone bought it, removed the patch and put it back in an aution. That stuff drives me nuts!

I blew the budget on the Schalk 44 Sox jersey since that style is impossible to find.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I won the 1980 San Diego Padres John D'Acquisto jersey. I was the only bidder. Was pleased as to the condition, as I never seem to find the white home ones from this era in non-altered type condition, and it fit within my budget. Interestingly enough, it was my first experience bidding on an auction house site. I was impressed with the GF customer service when I registered.

Interesting on the Show going for so much. On a side note, I sent Eric Show a 1984 Topps card in the mail that he signed for me back in the late 1980s. He signed it to me, along with "In Jesus Name" and a Bible verse. Shame about him passing so young from drugs.

I got the Mariano Rivera autographed home plate. My wife and I went to the 2 last games at Yankee Stadium and saw Rivera pitch and pick up the win. I would have liked to have gotten something from the very last game, but the things I would have liked were too expensive so the home plate from the next to last game was the next best I could get. And a little piece of history.

The price for the NBA stuff were just crazy, EXPECT for the MJ items. That 92 jersey should be around 8-10k and it went for much less. And the rookie gamer went for only 15k (i doubt the authenticity on that one though, and i think bidders felt the same).

I bid on the Kobe short shorts around 1am cst and my max bid ended up being outbid by one unit. It happens to me EVERY gfc auction - someone goes one increment higher!

I feel bad for whoever bought the 93 Shaq AS jersey because its 100% NOT game worn. I've got the game on tape and still shots of shaq at the free throw line - the nba logo near the collar is way off. Oh well, if buyer didn't do his research then too bad.

Banned

I was stunned how people overpaid on several lots. By overpayed I do not mean that "it is not worth that" like people like to argue back and forth about on here I mean in relation to the same items that are currently or were recently available from the consigning company. The Steiner Romo jersey sold for more than those available on Steiner's site currently are going for. I checked the game log and he did not even throw a TD that game so I am unsure why one would pay a premium. The Peterson GI jersey went for $700 more than the one JO is currently offering on its site for. The Sanchez GI jersey went for almost three grand JO had one on their site that did not sell for several weeks for a grand. Also how did the auction run all night? You could only bid on lots you had bid on before after 9pm est, were people really up all night entering new bids? Why not just enter your max and go to bed?