Hi Folks - the seller of the George Brett bat on ebay contacted me and sent me some additional pics of the bat. After reviewing those pics, I think any interested parties should take a closer look. The light area we have all been seeing in the barrel photo appears to have been caused by ball marks and use. I have seen this on other gamers in the past. Also - I reviewed additional pics of the use on the barrel and there are some real nice ball and seam marks embedded in the barrel. Additional pics show much better use than original pics, which I felt did not match up with the amount of tar on the bat. Bat is supposedly 34.5" and weighs around 31 or 32 ounces which is perfect per Brett's records. Lastly, the seller obtained this bat and many others from a clubhouse source ( which he briefly mentioned in the Listing ) - this helps with provenance. The Seller admitted that his pictures were very poor.......

I would still love to see the bat in person - but for anyone who bid on the bat or who may not have bid on the bat - you should take a serious look at the piece if the Seller decides to resell, as the high bidder backed out after reading comments on the Forum. I like the bat much better after seeing the pics.....

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! Jim - jcaravello@nc.rr.com