Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

My 1st Mattingly!

I must say, I am overwhelmed with my new purchase!!!!! Its a 1992 wilson home pinstripe Mattingly jersey. I know your saying 1992 Wilson, something wrong. Yes it is strange but it is a legit Mattingly. The jersey was offered by Schulte auctions, who is Mattingly's agent. At first, it worried me so I posted on the jersey, with no real confirmation. I contacted Ray Schulte about the jersey and it being a Wilson and not a Russell. He interned contacted Mattingly, who had this to say about the jersey. He was superstitious about starting the 1992 season with a new brand of jersey, so he wanted to wear a Wilson. The jersey also come with a Schulte LOA signed by Mattingly. Attesting to the fact he used the jersey.

I then I emailed are own Jim Caravello, Who said he felt the jersey was legit and a 42 was the correct size for that year, worn by Mattingly. With this information I felt very confident with the jersey and bid accordingly.

The jersey shows light use, some discoloration of the collar, light puckering and some small stains on the front lower tail.

It is now the center of my collection, and I am very happy to be adding such a great piece to my collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images