Barry Bonds,Young Bat?

August 18 2005 at 1:42 PM dowdow5 (Login dowdow5)

Does anybody know if Barry Bonds ever used a Young Bat?I have seen several of these bats.if so do you know the year or years he used them.Any help would be deeply apreciated.

AuthorReply

Reid
(Login sportscentury)
Re: Barry Bonds,Young Bat?

August 18 2005, 2:31 PM
DowDow,

When Young Co. bats were first introduced to the market, I believe Barry did try a few out. I can't remember specifically, but I seem to recall a few of these (several years back now) that were hammered and came from good sources. I do believe he used them at one time. However, you should be careful with Young Co. bats as they were also sold to the public. I learned this the hard way as a major bat dealer sold me some as "game used" and I found out later that they showed little to no use because the bats in question were not even sold to the players or their respective teams.

Reid

Christopher Boyd
(Login eGameUsed)

August 18 2005, 2:55 PM
Christopher Young was set up at a Houston Tri-Star show some time ago. He was telling people he had actual bats that he made tons of for players. They were IDENTICAL in every way to the bats he sent the players as freebies. I remember he had a ton of Braves players including Maddux. He also was selling Cal Ripken and Barry Bonds. Crazy! I would avoid a Young bat like the plague unless it is a common player or the player gave it to you himself.

Chris Boyd
http://www.eGameUsed.com
713-385-1155
ccboyd@houston.rr.com

Den
(Login Calrima)

August 18 2005, 3:22 PM
Friends,

As Posted here before me, YOUNG bats have a very bad rep as they were sold to the public with the exact player name and specs. Knowing Collectors will NOT Purchase them!

I was offered a Bonds bat from the YOUNG company directly, for a very reasonable price, however after learning about the company selling PRO bats to anyone with CASH, I passed and thank god, I did.

Den

Andrew
(Login allstarsplus)
Young Bats

August 18 2005, 4:39 PM
Barry did use Young bats in the 90's. We were at a Chantilly Virginia CSA Show and Young had a display there selling among other players bats a Bonds bat. I would never buy a "game used" Young bat from then on!

Reid
(Login sportscentury)

August 19 2005, 10:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Barry-Bonds-Game-used-Baseball-Bat_W0QQitemZ5229257474

This is a perfect example of what I was referring to in my post above. Read the entire description and you will understand better what I getting at. Caveat emptor.

Reid

Ken
(Login earlywynnfan)

November 17 2005, 11:38 AM
I have a poster of Barry holding a Young bat, so they at least made it into his hands!