Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Disturbing trend in MLB authenticated balls?

I'd have to agree with the fact that some of these holograms are attached in a way that they are damaged by the authenticator. I've gotten items direct from the team before with messed up stickers, it happens.

The story about the Bonds ball is a pretty shady story, all one has to do is figure out what the hologram number is and say, oops it came off but it's the real deal, I promise.

Do you have any proof that the Neshek ball was tampered with? If not I think it's pretty bad to call that seller out on it with no proof they've tampered with it or other items in the past.

Re: Disturbing trend in MLB authenticated balls?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiezio23 View Post
    I'd have to agree with the fact that some of these holograms are attached in a way that they are damaged by the authenticator. I've gotten items direct from the team before with messed up stickers, it happens.

The story about the Bonds ball is a pretty shady story, all one has to do is figure out what the hologram number is and say, oops it came off but it's the real deal, I promise.

Do you have any proof that the Neshek ball was tampered with? If not I think it's pretty bad to call that seller out on it with no proof they've tampered with it or other items in the past.
    Spiezio - Well said and I agree with everything you said. In addition, I would say the pre-2007 circle shaped holograms sometimes had smeared numbers if rubbed with force and no foul-play.

Andrew