the jordan auction began on 07/23 and ended on 08/03.

troy: "The next day or so, which was approximately June 27th, I recall speaking with Doug Allen via phone. At that point I told him I was 100% convinced that there had been a name change and told him so. I also believe at that point Doug asked me if the jersey could have been good. I do not remember exactly how I replied, but I said something to the effect, that "there is definitely a name change, but I will continue researching it to see if it was a vintage name change."

doug: "The first time I had been informed about potential issues with the shirt was on August 2nd"

---- according to troy, through the entire month of july, doug allen was aware that the shirt had had a name change.

doug: "Unfortunately we never received your "letter" which explained the details of the name change and the reason you were not comfortable apining on the shirt. If I had known this I would have immediately pulled it from the auction.

---- again, doug knew about the name change for the entire month of july via to a phone call from troy.

doug: "I had gotten the message from my guys that you "were not comfortable signing off on it" so I told them to go ahead and run it with the Lou Lampson letter.."

---- how did mastro's guys know to tell doug that mears wasn't signing off on it if they "never received the letter"? did mears call mastro and tell them? if so, then upon learning that mears wouldn't be signing off, why did mastro not immediately ask why? when doug got the message that one of his items wouldn't be getting a mears letter, he never asked why? the lack of a mears signoff on the ted williams jersey was such a huge deal to doug that he was compelled to explain it in detail over several paragraphs. yet on the jordan shirt he doesn't receive a mears signoff and doesn't even bother to inquire as to the reasons?

doug: "I mistakingly thought your lack of comfort was due to the fact that you were not comfortable with writing letters on items that fall so far outside of the mainstream as opposed to substantive concerns about the actual item."

---- the specific reason for mears' lack of comfort was relayed to directly to doug from troy on approx june 27.

troy: "That is the last time I recall specifically speaking with Doug about the jersey. Some more time passed and I did not uncover any more additional information on the jersey and published the final Letter of Opinion which deemed the item as unable to authenticate. Approximately 10 days before the live auction all letters were produced including the unable to authenticate Jordan warm-up jacket LOO and provided to Mastro Auctions."

---- mastro received all of the other mears letters except for the jordan letter which mysteriously disappeared? was the jordan letter sent all by itself in a separate shipment? eric's email to doug was never received and neither was the mears letter. astonishing that these 2 things which would've prematurely ended an $11k auction somehow vanished.

when the auction began in july, i am curious why mears not did immediately notice that the jordan letter that they had sent to mastro was not posted with the shirt? if the letter was sent out prior to the start of the auction and 3 days into the auction it's still not posted, how did mears not immediately contact mastro and ask them why the letter isn't posted? after all, according to mears, it's a stipulation of their auction house contract that the auction house post any and all LOOs that they issue on an item. from day 1 mastro didn't do this on the jordan item and mears never noticed and picked up the phone to ask why the letter wasn't posted/why the contract has been breached?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

see more here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/47141...nal+procedures

doug's disregard on the griffith jersey issue combined with the illogical gaps in his story on the jordan shirt make me personally think that had the ny daily news and fbi not gotten involved, the jordan sale would've been executed to completion.

doug was pretty tightlipped with eric on the issue of who really owned the winslow helmet but when the jordan issue was picked up by the daily news and fbi, all of a sudden doug does the "i'm very concerned!" two-step and gives eric his cell number? where was this concern, diligence and chattiness on the griffith jersey and winslow helmet? apparently doug only likes to dance in the spotlight.

after reading "The Card" it's apparent to me why doug is such a great fit for mastro. bill must be beaming at his protege. both of them seem to have a real passion for "maximizing grades" and "preparing items". between the two of them though, i'm guessing doug's got better dance moves.

rudy.