Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Authenticators

admin

Authenticators

Authenticators

November 11 2005 at 1:02 PM Tim (Login stkmtimo)

I've been mulling this over for quite some time now, but was wondering how many authenticators of sports memorabilia actually see the items they are "authenticating"? I know that former PSA President Bill Miller filed a lawsuit against the organization because he said that they issued COAs/LOAs with his signature on them for items he never even looked at! I won't name any names, but I have my obvious suspicions about a few of the authenticators' names that frequently come up on this website. Does anyone have any insights into this? Of course, it's always important to do your own homework and research - it will save you much time and money in the long run!

Tim

Re: Authenticators

How anyone can pass an item for an auction house without ever seeing and inspecting the item personally is beyond me. The thought of it is just bizarre. Yet, that may be a great word to sum up some of the things that occur in the industry.

Regards, Bernie

Bernie J. Gernay
    877-580-6673
    Football Authenticator - Global Authenticated Inc.

"Whoever denies Me before men, I will deny him before my Father in Heaven" -Matthew 10:33