Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
please don't take this personally but i really must be missing something here - if you knew such bats were readily available at a going rate of $250-$300, then why would you even bother asking the dealer for proof of his claims? why not just a) tell the dealer you've been collecting gu bats for years b) you are interested in the bat he has for sale c) point him to the "enough available" bats going for $250-$300 and c) tell him if he's willing to come close to these going rates you'll take the bat.

i mean, frankly, i'm surprised the dealer didn't ask you why you were wasting his time asking for supporting evidence of his claims if such a bat was so readily available at a much cheaper price elsewhere - know what i mean?

I hear you, and take no offense. I went that road early on in the negotiating process.

I still stand my what I have said all along. For arguements sake, in this particular hobby (game used collecting) a certain amount of trust has to be built between buyer and seller. I am sure that each of us here has atleast one seller that we wouldn't hesitate to buy from sight unseen. I know I have three such sellers. So when a seller is caught in a blatant bold faced lie, it becomes more of an integrity issue that an issue of whether or not I want the item.