Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: 1880's bat

Talking 1880's bat

Hi I Have This Old Bat That I Dont Really Know Anything About Its A H.w. Putnam Bat And Under That It Says Greenfield.

Re: 1880's bat

Can you post photos of the bat please?

Talking Re: 1880's bat

I will try but before i do can u tell me anything about it. I really dont know what year it is from or anything just those words.

I tried a google search and it wasn't very helpful....my guess is that it's a small woodshop or Machine Shop produced bat in the New England area....What makes you think it's 1880's?

I POSTED THIS ON JUST THE BASEBALL MEMORABILIA DISCUSSION AND ONE GUY SAID THAT IN THE 1880's THERE WAS A SPORTS INVENTER WHO WAS BY THE NAME HENRY WILLIAM PUTNAM.

Google does show Henry William Putnam was an inventor of all sorts of different items in the 1880's in Vermont. I would love to see a photo of the bat. Could be a really nice find.

Actually, I'm "the guy" and what I said was that there was an inventor (not a sports inventor) who was around in the 1880's named Henry William Putnam. This was found doing a google search. I did not state that the bat was from the 1880's although it could be I guess.