Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Abdul-Jabbar Slams Upper Deck Card Company

I found the listing for the shoes. They explain off the white bumper with putting yellow electrical tape on that area during filming.

Does the listing explain the overlay of the asics logo?

https://www.julienslive.com/view-auc...rom/find-lots/
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

So, two sailors are sitting in a bar and a mermaid with a parrot on her shoulder comes in...
    In other jokes...some place called Julian's Auctions have the Adidas worn by Bruce Lee in "Game of Death" for sale.

Bruce Lee passed away before the filming of "Game of Death" was completed. A body double was used to replace Bruce and shoot the remaining scenes. It seems that Bruce wore Asics Tiger, while his stunt/body double wore Adidas.
    So, Julian's Adidas at auction are at best, stunt double worn. Crazy stuff:

Check the youtube of final scenes from "Game of Death". It is beyond obvious that it's not Bruce in the Adidas...

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Bruce Lee passed away before the filming of "Game of Death" was completed. A body double was used to replace Bruce and shoot the remaining scenes. It seems that Bruce wore Asics Tiger, while his stunt/body double wore Adidas.
    So, Julian's Adidas at auction are at best, stunt double worn. Crazy stuff:

Check the youtube of final scenes from "Game of Death". It is beyond obvious that it's not Bruce in the Adidas...
    that kinda makes sense since the auction house are also selling his yellow jumpsuit but are saying its from the body double. I was thinking bruce lee didnt need any stunt double again Kareem but filming the remaining scenes explain the shoes. so basically these were not worn by Bruce Lee but by the body double.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

here is the listing for the yellow costume worn by the stunt double

https://www.julienslive.com/view-auc...rom/find-lots/

they should probably change the description on the shoes, but at least we know the shoes aren't a complete waste of money.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post

they should probably change the description on the shoes, but at least we know the shoes aren't a complete waste of money.
    I believe the Adidas worn by the double are suede whereas the Adidas at auction are canvas. Also, those huge, white eyelets on the auction Adidas look wrong. I don't think they were even worn by the double.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I believe the Adidas worn by the double are suede whereas the Adidas at auction are canvas. Also, those huge, white eyelets on the auction Adidas look wrong. I don't think they were even worn by the double.
    whats the link on the final scene. id like to take a look.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    whats the link on the final scene. id like to take a look.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xbw7a0kX8g&feature=fvw

I found some great screenshots from a forum dated 5 years ago...there was no mention about the body double or if these images were definitely Bruce:

Is that Bruce or the double? Hard to tell in the rain...
    I feel like these Adidas are a suede model.

"So-called" Bruce Lee shoes sold for $12,800.