Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jeter Game Issued Bats

Does Anyone Here On The Forum Ever Recalling Jeter Obtaining Bats From "young Bat Company" Awhile Back? I Purchased One Of These Bats Back In 2000. On The Knob It Has Dj Y17 I Beilieve With Silver Lettering And Black Finish. Any Info Would Be Appreciated. Thanks. Porsche544

Re: Jeter Game Issued Bats

That may be, but I honestly have never seen him use anything but the black Louisville P72.

Hi,
    The one I own is not game used. The barrell has the words OFFICIAL PRO and below that is DEREK JETER in block letters. It has a shiny black finish to it. When I purchased this bat, the story I heard was that Jeter ordered 13-15 of these bats to try and obviously he never used it during games since we all know he uses the LS P72 in all his games. but if anyone out there that can solidify this story I'd appreciate any feedback. Or this may end up a myth. Thanks all. Porsche544

Banned

I remember hearing that Young bats were easily available to have custom made with a players name just as X bats are now. Just a thought.

-AJ

Banned

It is possible I have recently obtained a Young bat company - Game Used Yankees bat of Darryl Strawberry and since him and Jeter were very cloe friends who knows maybe darryl told jeter hey try this company or vice versa.

I also purchased a Derek Jeter Young Bat Co. bat back around 1996-7. It was suppossedly game used. Bat shows some light use with pine tar on the handle. Thought it might have been used in the minor leagues by Jeter but I can't confirm that it was game used at all. Guess I'll just have to wait for the day to ask Jeter himself.

There are a couple photos of Jeter using a Young Co. Bat in BP on Getty Images. I used to have them saved on my computer b/c I was thinking of buying one. I don't remember what year they were from, but they are out there if you have the time to sort through the website. I'm not saying he never used them in games, but there is photo evidence of Jeter using them in BP
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    There are a couple photos of Jeter using a Young Co. Bat in BP on Getty Images. I used to have them saved on my computer b/c I was thinking of buying one. I don't remember what year they were from, but they are out there if you have the time to sort through the website. I'm not saying he never used them in games, but there is photo evidence of Jeter using them in BP