Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: 2007 Pink Mother's Day bats on auction

won the jonny damon for a friend and it was listed as game issued, but it has plenty of use and pine tar and on getty images clearly shows him useing a mothers day bat can't figure that one out in my option its GAME USED any thoughts on it i would like to hear........ also does anyone else think the pink bats SHOW TONS of use, i like it the use shows up clearly more visible on the pink............

I won the Robb Quinlan Angels pink bat this year. Robb did not play in the game that day. However, the pink bat has plenty of pine tar, use, and ball marks. I'm sure it received a good workout during batting practice that day. It was listed as game used, not game issued. However, clearly it was never used in a game.

Tom Duino

MLB authentication includes Batting practice as game used.
    I guess I haven't checked as of late and seen if any more pink bats are getting auctioned on mlb.com. Is the Damon bat the first Yankee Mother's Day bat from this year to get sold?
    I know a few teams bats wern't listed before. Like the Yankees, Cardinals, Devil Rays. Never saw any Reds either.

Two Saturdays ago , 25 AUG 2007 , the Devil Rays had an auction at the game . One of the items was a game used "PINK" Josh Paul Rawlings . Had correct stampings on the knob end with lots of pine tar BUT no uniform number sticker on the ends . I asked if it was used on mothers day and received a reply of "Yeah , I believe so" .

I was out bid at $125.00 and decided to quit bidding .

I checked mlb.com box scores when I got home and SURE enough .

Josh Paul did NOT play that day !!!!

So who used the bat ?
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Two Saturdays ago , 25 AUG 2007 , the Devil Rays had an auction at the game . One of the items was a game used "PINK" Josh Paul Rawlings . Had correct stampings on the knob end with lots of pine tar BUT no uniform number sticker on the ends . I asked if it was used on mothers day and received a reply of "Yeah , I believe so" .

I was out bid at $125.00 and decided to quit bidding .

I checked mlb.com box scores when I got home and SURE enough .

Josh Paul did NOT play that day !!!!

So who used the bat ?
    Why do you rule out him not using it in batting practice? Some of the pink bats were just used in BP? and we all know MLB authentication includes pre game/BP as game used. I always wonder if the team makes these decisions or does the player decide if he wants to let go of a bat. Some guys pink bats have never shown up, but were used in the games. I know zero pink Reds bats from this year were auctioned and quite a few player's used them during the game. I wonder if I will see them at Redsfest this winter. I will ask around and see what happened with them. Have the D Rays people ever said why they kept them? Did many player's use them on Mother's Day?

I know Adam Dunn used a pink MD bat one year. Anybody ever get it or know what it went for??

Link provided to the auction...Adam Dunn

dcrules or anyone else, can you post the auction links on what all the 2007 Red Sox player's bats that sold for, curious with what use was like on them.. I know Manny had one up that wasn't used in the game. The Wily Mo bat was hammered with use. I know Drew, Hinske had them up. Pretty sure Ortiz, Lowell, DP ect used them... Youk went for almost 1k.

Ok I figured out looking up past auctions on mlb.com. You just have to search for both open and closed at same time and shows the completed one's.