Quote Originally Posted by B1SON View Post
I used to be a HUGE Duke collector and one day on Ebay I found a Brian Davis (Laettner's best friend) game-used shoe from when he was with the T-Wolves. It was signed "Brian Davis T-Wolves". Laettner had gotten him a tryout a couple years after graduation. Anyway, in big bold letters on the heal of the shoe was written "HURLEY" which I thought long and hard about and did some research and figured out it was at the time he had had his accident and it was a tribute to him by Brian. Well for my honey moon my wife and I went to a celebrity basketball game at Duke and Brian played. People were having him autograph programs and such. When I handed himn the shoe, he was "shocked" to say the least and when I showed him the heal it "brought back memories" I could tell. He verified the story I had made up in my head about how "HURLEY" got on there and personalized it to me. I look back now and figure he probably would like to have had it, but he knew what it meant to me. Anyway, he never asked for it, but I know he appreciated seeing it again for sure.
B1SON,

That's a great story. If you wouldn't mind, please email me at rgf2@hotmail.com - I'd love to hear about your Duke Blue Devils collection!

Best,
Reid