Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Let's See Some Baseballs!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagesportscollector View Post
    I like this ball because of the names of the teams written on it. D&M game used trophy baseball.
    Dated July 1921 from "Alva Orphans" (Northwest Oklahoma League) vs. "Sweetwater Swatters" (West Texas League).

I know this is in answer to a very old post, but I was wondering about this ball. My grandfather, Merle Smith, played for the Alva Giants one season (or possibly the Alva Orphans) between 1900 and 1904. I was wondering if there was any chance he signed that ball?

This is one of my most recent finds. Signed by Dizzy Dean, and 15 others, inscribed World Series 1938 ... all Chicago Cubs. Also has Tony Lezzeri.

Banned

Talking Re: Let's See Some Baseballs!

The last hit ball I personally secured was on 9/9/14, at Comiskey Park (aka US Cellular Field) in a 11-2 Oakland rout of the White Sox. Alberto Callaspo of Oakland ripped a shot off a John Danks pitch that bounced once in left field and hopped over the wall into the White Sox bullpen, where one of the relief pitchers gave it to me. It was my first-ever MLB ground-rule double and my second pro double (the first was at a game at Kane County in 1992 when Alex Ochoa hit a line shot that rolled under the fence and out of the park in left-center field). I wish I could post a photo of both, but I have no equipment to do so.

Dave Miedema

Wow, some real cool examples. never realized some of these even existed with boxes intact. Great displays.

One Dozen Vintage Reach Baseballs.
    Jerry Sage
    jssage24@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I just purchased this from an antique dealer in Montgomery, AL. No idea as to the date that can be attributed to it...it reads "Giants 7 Crakers (sic) 5". This would make it from the early 50's I would suspect. I thought it was a neat find.