Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: 2 Elway White 94 Throwbacks- What are the odds?

anyone have any explanation as to why this thing is not pulled yet?????....is Lampson's opinion worth more than a guy who works at the HOF?????...come on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    anyone have any explanation as to why this thing is not pulled yet?????....is Lampson's opinion worth more than a guy who works at the HOF?????...come on!!!!
    I sent an email to Steve Jensen of Vinatge Auctions and he responded on 4/2 that he was "going to see Lou later today and will be discussing this with him." Having heard nothing further in a week, I sent a follow-up e-mail to Steve early on the morning of the 9th inquiring as to what came of the conversation; as of this time, I've not yet received a response.

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Patrick...any word from VA on this shirt yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Patrick...any word from VA on this shirt yet?
    Rob:

I've not heard anything back, but I would imagine that they must have a great deal of confidence in this being the one legitimate sample since the auction is still open. Even if convinced that their authenticator was right on this occasion, what does that say for his track record regarding the 2 (or 3) that were previously authenticated for AMI?

It's somewhat of a sad state when the auction houses lie in hiding, shielded from culpability behind the "opinion" of their paid authenticators, even in the face of clear evidence that the same authenticator has pulled the wool over the colletive eyes of the hobby on multiple occasions.

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Given the information, AMI pulled theirs immediately and I am told will no longer offer that style at auction again....

Dave

I absolutely appreciate American Memorabilia's stance here. It's great that they'll never offer one of these again, even though their authenticator says it's "game used"

It's refreshing that AMI is willing to override the authenticator.

I applaud everyone's efforts here which put all of this in motion.

Perhaps that might mean the end of auction houses saying "Well the authenticator said it's good, then it's good" when actual evidence is offered

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I agree that it's great what AMI's stance on this is....but I think it's just a sugar coating because the real problem is Lampson, and as long as they continue to use him they will have many issues...they would be sooo much more respected if they got rid of that guy

VA's stance is absolutely dispicable