Quote Originally Posted by EndzoneSports View Post
Brett:

There are indeed flaws in the authentication process, one of the most obvious being that it is not an exact science, but rather one of educated opinions. With this, errors will no doubt be made. We can debate until the fat lady sings about who makes more errors and/or whose mistakes are the most egregious, but the fact that they have made (and will continue to make) mistakes is a given.
Errors will occur and we have all made them, but when there is a pattern of these errors---is it really an error or perhaps something worse? That is certainly debatable. When there is easily obtainable photos or stats that would contradict a finding, is it an error made when the conclusion just isn't possible or plausible?

Here is Merriam Webster Dictionary definition of an error:

Main Entry: er·ror
Pronunciation: 'er-&r, 'e-r&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English errour, from Anglo-French, from Latin error, from errare
An act that through ignorance, deficiency, or accident departs from or fails to achieve what should be done

Originally Posted by Mr. Miracle
I think it is safe to say that almost every member of this forum would not touch something authenticated by Lampson with a ten foot pole. It is almost to the point where you would rather not have any type of authentication on the item and do your own due diligence than trust or purchase anything that Lou has authenticated.
I agree with Brett, if it has a Lou Lampson LOA/COA, I'm not buying and agree I would rather have no cert with the item.

Originally Posted by Lund6771
VA, AMI and others that use Lampson must be in this business for the short term...any business that has a good plan would cut off ties with a supplier/vendor immediately if they consistantly screwed up...they must have many upset customers and upset customers are not repeat customers...I know that I'm not and I'm sure there is many more of you out there that feel the same...
Agreed, and reps from those Auction Houses certainly read the Forum. I don't get it.

Andrew