Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Used Glove Storage

I put all my all my Game Used batting gloves and a few fielding gloves I have in big ziplock plastic bags.Would that in time do anything bad to the Leather in time because Leather is suppose to breath. Would they mold up or any kind of funky smell etc.Also with Game Used Cleats.Thanks in advance Geoff.

Re: Game Used Glove Storage

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I put all my all my Game Used batting gloves and a few fielding gloves I have in big ziplock plastic bags.Would that in time do anything bad to the Leather in time because Leather is suppose to breath. Would they mold up or any kind of funky smell etc.Also with Game Used Cleats.Thanks in advance Geoff.
    Geoff, I would think it's not a good idea, unless you put a few small holes in them so they can breath/for air. If put in a warm/humid place, they would sweat and eventually mildew/stain/smell up the items. I think if you put a few holes in them, they would be ok. Any thoughts on that anyone?

Tony

Re: Game Used Glove Storage

Thanks for the reply Tony.Does anyone else have anything to add to this thread.

ZipLock Bags for Batting Gloves Question

The Title says it all.I put most of my Game Used Batting Gloves in ZipLock Bags so no Air Gets in them.In Time would The Batting Gloves Dry out And would The Dirt on them just Start to Fall off.I Have Limited Space that is why I put them in The Bags.If this is not Good for The Batting Gloves I would like to Hear other ways what I could do with them so they don't get Damaged over Time.Any Help would be Great.

Thanks
    Geoff

Re: ZipLock Bags for Batting Gloves Question

I keep my batting gloves in ziplocks too. The ones I don't have bagged have dried out (1980s Franklin gloves), but the ones in the bags remain in the exact condition they were in when they were used. They don't display as nice, but I like them staying as close to original condition as possible.

Chris
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Chris Thanks for your reply.Anyone else have anything on this Subject.

i have bought some batting gloves a couple of times where the battinggloves were in ziplocks within the box so this explains it. thanks
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Yes, I have heard that a ziplock bag keeps them from drying out

Do batting gloves dry out?

Is there a particular problem that collectors need to pay attention to in regard to game used batting gloves? I've acquired my first pair and noticed it was packaged in a ziplock bag. As with all leather(chairs,jackets,baseball golves)they need to be occasionally treated to prevent cracking and drying out. Of course I'm not touching them but If left displayed without protection,since they're thin to begin with,would they eventually be a problem?

Re: Do batting gloves dry out?

I keep all of my batting gloves on plastic bags, as you should. And yes, over time they dry out, so this is why they are in a bag