Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Game Used Glove Storage

Hey Geoff. I personally do not use ziplock bags because they contain PVC which will leach out & damage the items. It is much better to use some other long termed archival bags. The PVC contained in most bags will leach out in time & cause brown spotting on many materials. You can do a Google search on "archival storage bags". I buy my archival bags at a local high end picture framing shop. Hope this helps.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I put all my all my Game Used batting gloves and a few fielding gloves I have in big ziplock plastic bags.Would that in time do anything bad to the Leather in time because Leather is suppose to breath. Would they mold up or any kind of funky smell etc.Also with Game Used Cleats.Thanks in advance Geoff.

Thanks for The Info.I will read up on that.

Just curious how do you preserve your game used fielding gloves? Over years will the be fine, or is there anything that should be done to maintain them?

As of now I have been keeping mine in football mirrored back display cases.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I leave my batting gloves and fielding glove just out in the open. So far, have not had any problems.

DO batting gloves dry out?

Just acquired a pair of batting gloves and they were packed in ziplock bags. Seeing how thin they are I would imagine if displayed in the open they would eventually dry out. What is the accepted way to maintain/display game used batting gloves?-Thanks

Groundhog day. Ignore my last question as I asked it not too long ago but thought it wasn't sent.