Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: ebay seller lambeauleeper and "game issued"

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    Chris, I for one would like to see a report in SCD that goes into detail all of the authenticating problems with Lou Lampson and why these auction houses still use them. I know it's a double edge sword for SCD, but your publication should not turn a blind eye on what has been happening just because these auction houses buy advertising from you.

I also think SCD should do an in depth piece on the way auction houses conduct business with consigning their own items, having access to raise bidders proxy bids and most important changing or altering items in their auction without disclosing the facts of the alterations.

Thanks
    Todd
    Todd-
    Fantastic story line ideas. Personally, I think you stand a better chance of seeing the Easter Bunny in your backyard as opposed to a story on these specific troubling issues. I'd find it extremely hard to believe that SCD, with their dwindling page count and almost non-existent classified section, would ever bite the hand that feeds them (auction house advertising and revenue generated from traditional ads and catalog inserts), especially at this time. The lack of any type of reporting of controversial issues now and in the past is a clear sign that SCD does not want to jeopardize their position with their current or future auction house advertisers.

Chris, can you comment on the above and also on the possibility of following on these ideas and writing an in-depth piece on each?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Todd-
    Fantastic story line ideas. Personally, I think you stand a better chance of seeing the Easter Bunny in your backyard as opposed to a story on these specific troubling issues. I'd find it extremely hard to believe that SCD, with their dwindling page count and almost non-existent classified section, would ever bite the hand that feeds them (auction house advertising and revenue generated from traditional ads and catalog inserts), especially at this time. The lack of any type of reporting of controversial issues now and in the past is a clear sign that SCD does not want to jeopardize their position with their current or future auction house advertisers.

Chris, can you comment on the above and also on the possibility of following on these ideas and writing an in-depth piece on each?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Could you guys start your own thread as Eric asked and quit hijacking this one?

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Todd-

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Howard-
    Perhaps you did not see it, but I already asked earlier in the thread if you could keep to the subject. If you would like to start a different thread, that is your choice, but let's keep one topic per thread.
    Thanks
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Howard-
    Perhaps you did not see it, but I already asked earlier in the thread if you could keep to the subject. If you would like to start a different thread, that is your choice, but let's keep one topic per thread.
    Thanks
    Eric
    Let me just add that rule #12 of the forum states "No Topic Changing." This is intended to prevent the possibility of a thread getting derailed at the expense of the original poster. As stated, please feel free to start another thread if you feel there is a separate topic worth discussing.

In addition, I'd also like to welcome Chris Nerat to the forum. I have read some of his blogs and I would like to think he is attempting to address some relevant issues in the hobby. I'm also happy to see he is open to suggestions. I just ask that we keep in mind he is one person at the magazine and that the implementation of any suggestions will likely require approvals beyond just him. With that said, thanks for your willingness to listen and to potentially provide feedback to SCD.

Sincerely,
    Chris Cavalier

Banned

This ebay seller has more items up for auction, this time jerseys I'm sure people here are pretty qualified to evaluate.

Interested in opinions.

lambeauleeper is a crook.

no honest mistakes, no accidental overexaggetions, no unintentional misrepresentations here. this guy selects easily replicated items (vsr4 helmets for example) and lists them, represents them, as items once belonging to the player. marino, favre, vick, brees and elway helmets seem to be his favorite imitations and have sold for as much as $1,200.

btw, nice forum - one of your members told me about this community and i'm glad i found it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    lambeauleeper is a crook.

no honest mistakes, no accidental overexaggetions, no unintentional misrepresentations here. this guy selects easily replicated items (vsr4 helmets for example) and lists them, represents them, as items once belonging to the player. marino, favre, vick, brees and elway helmets seem to be his favorite imitations and have sold for as much as $1,200.

btw, nice forum - one of your members told me about this community and i'm glad i found it!
    I challenged people here to review his helmets and identify a flaw, no one did, but several are jumping up to call the guy a 'crook'.

As I indicated, I purchased an LT "game issue" throwback helmet from him a year ago after exhaustive photo comparisons. After receipt I again dug into photo comparisons. Could not find one flaw. Further, I've monitored a slew of LT "game issued" or copied helmets on ebay in that year and found easily identifiable flaws on EVERY one.

Does that prove it's legit? Nope. But if it's a copy, it's perfect in every way I've been able to examine and in ways all others have failed to replicate.

BTW, virtually none of his last batch of helmets reached reserve and sold, nor are any of his jerseys. You don't usually reserve fraudulent items or at least ones you KNOW are fraudulent. You also don't usually do such low volume.

Now, if anyone versed on jerseys would care to poke holes in his current listings, I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlambeauleeperQQhtZ-1

It is deceptive to use the term "game issued" and then when asked about it say he has no idea about the history of the helmet.

That is a fraudulent description. You should mention something is issued or used when you know it to be so. Otherwise you are making claims you don't know to be true, which leads the buyer into thinking it's something that it is not.

Any chance you can post photos, front, back and inside of your LT helmet? I'm sure it's a perfect reproduction. I'd love to see it.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

This seller is currently offering a "VERY RARE Brett Favre 2002 "GAME ISSUED USED" jersey". In the description he states "All features are proper and consistant to Brett Favre Game Jerseys from the 2002 season". This is incorrect. Not only is the jersey not custom hemmed as he wore them for all of that season, it is the wrong size. If the seller is indeed familiar with other Favre jerseys from 2002, he certainly would've noticed that Favre wears a size 52.
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    You don't usually reserve fraudulent items or at least ones you KNOW are fraudulent. You also don't usually do such low volume.
    you're kidding, right?

frankly, i find your defense of this "seller" puzzling at best and suspicious at worse. any single ebay source who claims to own and have for sale multiple "game issued" favre helmets, vick helmets, tomlinson helmets, elway helmets, marino helmets and brees helmets (to name a few) yet has no documentation nor can provide any sort of procurement history is, in my book, a crook.

here's something you might want to try - pick up the phone and give bob wick a call; he's the bolts' equipment manager and he's also a big memorabilia collector (not only are nfl equipment managers the easiest guys in an nfl organization to reach, but they are also about the nicest guys you would ever want to chat with and are always very generous with their time). anyway, give bob a call and tell him you came across a "game issued" tomlinson helmet on ebay; that you found a guy on ebay that not only has "game issued" tomlinson helmets for sale, but also has multiple copies of many present and future hall of famer "game issued" helmets as well. ask him if he thinks they are authentic.

here's a "game issued" tomlinson helmet that some poor soul purchased from lambeauleeper in march of 2006 for about $500 inclusive of s&h...