Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Cal Ripken Fielders Glove Bought for a "Song" on eBay

Well, looks like I was late to pick up on this deal! Someone picked up, what I believe, is a very legit game used fielders glove of Cal Ripken Jr off of eBay today............I only wish I could have spotted it first. Based upon my conversations with Denny Esken, it think this is the real deal! This could be a museum piece and would probably sell in a major auction house for 3x the $3k it sold for!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAL-RIPKEN-JR-8-...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone on the forum know the buyer djob001?
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Re: Cal Ripken Fielders Glove Bought for a "Song" on eBay

Dan:

That ebay name seems very familiar but not sure. I cannot believe that price. I did not see this item at all, too bad it ended at that because assuming this is real, as you said, this person got a real steal.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Guys,

I bought the glove.

Regards,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Guys,

I bought the glove.

Regards,
    Dave

Nice find Dave, looks like a heck of a piece at an incredible price based on what Ripken gloves go for. Don't know how I missed it on ebay but congratulations. I thought I recongnized the user name somewhere.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

That's awesome. If it is indeed real. Great pick up. Any one know how I can contact Danny Eskin ? I have a Thome glove I want to ask him about. Thanks in advance. Roger

I have a simular Ripken glove but it isnt signed. What do Cal's gloves go for these days?

Carlevv,

Please post photos of your glove; thumb, palm, heal, back, etc. so the forum members can assess whether you have a potential legitimate glove before you get too excited about its value!

Ripken Gamers, I dont have a camera at the time to take photo's but its the real deal. It has about the same use as the one i saw on ebay. Its not signed. Pro-6hf as usual, but one thing... There is white fur where the top of Cal's hand goes. It measures about a quarter inch wide and goes along the whole area where his had was. I think this is one of JR's customizing traits right? Thanks. I put it up against my AROD glove and if you look through the index finger hole on Cal's glove there is stitching where a pad is put in. Not on AROD's pro-6hf. Interesting.

Also, on the outside of the pinky finger where it reads gold glove series, the one i have doesnt have it and the one on Ebay does. Weird. Not sure what year my glove is from, if i had to guess i'd say mid 90's.

Carlevv,

Without photo's there's not much I can comment on. Mine also has fur under the wrist strap but the comment you made about not have the "Golden Glove Series" has me very suspicious. I'm not a glove expert but I don't recall not seeing this inscription on his gloves. Generally there is a series of dots below this verbiage with indicates the year of manufacture. I've seen a few variations of the Pro-6HF he has used. If you really want more definitive comments I'd borrow a digital camera and send some photos!