Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Cal Ripken Fielders Glove Bought for a "Song" on eBay

Dan, thanks for responding back. The glove on Ebay had no fur and thats interesting. As far as the "suspicious" pinky that doesnt have gold glove series im not worried about that. Considering i aquired the glove in a major league clubhouse im not worried about it being a fake or a store bought glove. I was just asking how much these gloves are selling for, thats all. Thanks for your info though.

FYI, i looked at getty images and found a lot of pictures of Cal Ripken with gloves that dont have that writing on the pinky. Dan, do you have pading on the inside underneath the index finger hole? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    I have a simular Ripken glove but it isnt signed. What do Cal's gloves go for these days?

Carlevv:

I too would be interested in seeing pics of this glove. As an avid Ripken collector I am always looking for photos and pieces to add to my collection. On a side note, I am in need of a Ripken glove so if someone can produce a legit glove and is looking to sell at a reasonable price I would be most interested in taking a look.

Thanks
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Brett, what is a reasonable price? For various reasons i dont want to post pics of the glove in a public fourm. I would however share the pics if i get an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Carlevv:

I too would be interested in seeing pics of this glove. As an avid Ripken collector I am always looking for photos and pieces to add to my collection. On a side note, I am in need of a Ripken glove so if someone can produce a legit glove and is looking to sell at a reasonable price I would be most interested in taking a look.

Thanks
    Brett, i also have a cracked P72 with major use and its signed. I have a pair of Rip-8 batting gloves unsigned and an Orioles line up card that is signed as well. Let me know if your collection can use any of these itmes.

Brett, what is a reasonable price? For various reasons i dont want to post pics of the glove in a public fourm. I would however share the pics if i get an offer.

If you are able to email pics when you have a working camera to my email address listed on each post that would be great. I have only seen two Ripken gloves sold over the past three or four years on any auction format. One was the glove just purchased by a forum member that is referenced in this post on ebay. The other was sold through I believe AMI a couple of years ago for a rather ridiculous price. If you can email me privately, I will discuss this is further detail.

What year or years is the P72 from??? or labeling period if you know? In terms of the batting gloves, are they White Franklins with Black, Black with white or Black with Orange and what year or time period are they from if you know?

Thanks
    Brett Herman

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Brett, i also have a cracked P72 with major use and its signed. I have a pair of Rip-8 batting gloves unsigned and an Orioles line up card that is signed as well. Let me know if your collection can use any of these itmes.

I am assuming the batting gloves are the black with orange trim that Cal used I believe around 94-95 until the end of his career. Let me know on that one.

What finish is your bat as well, forgot to ask that one?

thanks
    Brett Herman

It is my understanding that the glove purchased on eBay by Dave O'Brien was recently rejected by Dennis Esken. Apparently the glove has the wrong lining...information that was confirmed with the Rawlings employee who actually made gloves for Cal Ripken, Jr. I'm not sure if Dave was able to get a refund on the glove from the eBay seller, but hopefully the glove isn't sold to another unsuspecting collector as a Ripken gamer.

Rob
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Hi Rob,

This is news to me, and certainly not good news. I haven't heard anything back one way or the other yet but was waiting to hear. So far I have only compared it to photos of another forum member's glove and everything seems to match up. Who provided this info to you? What exactly was the problem?

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave,

I was told that the lining of the glove is made of the wrong material, as was confirmed by both Denny Esken and the Rawlings employee who made Ripken's gloves. You might want to check with Victor at AMI, as I believe the glove was in his possession when Denny Esken shared this information with him last week.

Rob