Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Majestic BP Jersey Primer

not sure if i already posted this one..

Majestic BP tagging guide. Depending on the year, Majestic BP gamers were either tagged solely in the collar, on the outside tail, or both. To use the guide, use both the collar tagging and body tagging in combination to ascertain the year of the jersey.

additionally: Majestic sleeve logo guide:

1980s - nothing
    1990-1993 - just the "Majestic" name sewn onto the sleeve.
    1994-1999 - "Majestic" name with mountain peaks logo
    2000-current - Single-color mountain peaks logo. "Majestic" name is not present.

rudy.

Re: Majestic BP Jersey Primer

sleeve logo guide:

rudy.

Great thread..thanks Rudy!

I have a "early to mid 1980's" Twins BP, with the "Bangor" outter tagging, but no other tagging (size etc) and it is blank-backed. Is this a replica?
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

chris,

i can't say. post your jersey and we'll see!

the primer wasn't meant to imply that if the years overlap, then it should have both body and collar tags. deciding on how to best present the information visually was difficult because some years there was only a collar tag or only a body tag and other years they used both. as well, there were sometimes different styles of BP jerseys within the same era and 1 style would have 2 tags and the other only had 1. i was hoping that the primer would become self-explanatory once the person was looking at it with the actual jersey in front of them.

rudy.

Rudy...I forgot about this post (and subsequently sold the Twins BP jersey) but have a Chicago White Sox BP-style jersey that I hope to get an opinion on. Replica or team issued do you think? Thanks...chris
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

i'm no sox expert but i don't think it's team issued. i can't even identify the style. it looks like the home pullover game jersey (not BP) that they wore from '82-'86 but those had nobs and the back numbers weren't red. it doesn't look like any BP shirt that i know of. have also never seen that kind of majestic tag on a gamer.

my guess is that it's either a retail shirt or a minor league shirt. either or. you could email d. miedema over at mears for a conclusive opinion.

rudy.

Hello Rudy, I was hoping you would be able to tell me if all or if this type of stitching for the care tag is expected out of cool base retail, game used and team issued jerseys?

- Jose.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Instanton View Post
    Hello Rudy, I was hoping you would be able to tell me if all or if this type of stitching for the care tag is expected out of cool base retail, game used and team issued jerseys?

- Jose.
    the second/bottom pic looks fine. i can't see the stitching in the first/top pic because of the overexposure/flash.

rudy.

I see. Well, is it safe to say that Cool Base jerseys have the care tag stitched on the seam, and of course the regular polyesters within, as a norm?

Quote Originally Posted by Instanton View Post
    I see. Well, is it safe to say that Cool Base jerseys have the care tag stitched on the seam, and of course the regular polyesters within, as a norm?
    hi jose

re: cool base jerseys being sewn on the seam.

i personally don't have any cool base gamers. you should definitely post in the main "game used memorabilia" discussion area and ask. many members have cool base gamers and they could post their images to compare. could be interesting!

rudy.