Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game usage?

Re: Game usage?

I realize some pitchers may take BP but in todays world of what seems like players using a bat a game, I would bet some pitchers have BP bats as well as regular game bats. Especially an American League pitcher who may only bat 10 at bats a year. My real question was, are these still considered to be a game used bat even though there is no real use? It would seem to me a BP bat would be a better choice for a game used bat in this case. I just sold a Jason Isringhausen game used bat that was a game used bat but had no real hit marks. It had some tar and the bat racks and some other marks, but looked to me like it never made contact with a ball. Whats up camarokids. I hope the Canseco bat was a nice addition to your collection, which by the way is growing rapidly. Nice!!

Todd

Todd,

We use the definition of "game used" as per Vince Malta's book BATS then it would be a game used bat. However since the pitcher swings three times and misses (even over the course of 5-6 games) and does the same in batting practice the evidence of game use is not there.

It's just harder to say game used if we don't see the evidence of game use.

David

Thanks for the response metsbats. That was the point I was trying to make. Just because a pitcher is a bad hitter shouldn't mean his bats are not game used. I would think the same would go fo a pitcher or back up who just did not make it to the field for that game. He is still on the roster and at the game in the dugout or bullpen. I would think this would be game used. It's a step above game issued. It is actually on the players back, so I would think it would have to be game used. Maybe there is a difference in game used and game worn. What do you think?

Todd

Depends. If the player is a coach or manager then it's game used because they don't play in a game. If a player is a bench player or relief pitcher and never gets into a game then it's game worn because the player is wearing it during the course of a game but does not play in the game.

I do not believe we can state the same for a bat that does not get used though as the bat really did not see any action but stayed in the rack not used.

David