Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: May & June pick-ups

Just got this Gerard Warren 2003 gamer from Jim Yackel.

Anyone wanna help me photomatch my Nunez jersey....come on help a brotha out.lol

Is it from last season ???

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Anyone wanna help me photomatch my Nunez jersey....come on help a brotha out.lol

Do you have a picture of the front of the jersey?

Bill Robinson game used gold Pirates jersey, autographed, with matching same era pants...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Which leads me to my next question... if there are any Pirates collectors out there... Descente got the contract to make uniforms for the Pirates in 1977. I know they had the contract during the World Series year of 1979, as I have one in my collection. Does anyone know the year Descente stopped making uniforms for Pittsburgh? The jersey and pants in the above photos are both Wilson. Depending upon what year Wilson started making the Pirates uniforms, this could only be a 1980, 1981 or a 1982... but would like to pin down a specific year if anyone out there can help.

From Leland's I got Hank Gowdy's GW mitt and from Grey Flannel I got Jack Phillips' Game Worn Navy uniform, with his letter. I know these won't impress many, but I love having something different. (and if everyone stays away, I can afford it!!)

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Which leads me to my next question... if there are any Pirates collectors out there... Descente got the contract to make uniforms for the Pirates in 1977. I know they had the contract during the World Series year of 1979, as I have one in my collection. Does anyone know the year Descente stopped making uniforms for Pittsburgh? The jersey and pants in the above photos are both Wilson. Depending upon what year Wilson started making the Pirates uniforms, this could only be a 1980, 1981 or a 1982... but would like to pin down a specific year if anyone out there can help.
    I have an update with regards to the year of this Robinson jersey (thanks Dave)... so I am writing to let you all know not to waste any time researching.

Here is what I learned... Though Descente made Pirates jerseys during this era, the golds were made primarily by Wilson. Wilson started production of the yellows in 1978 and continued past the point where Robinson left the team (1982). The 79s and up contained NOBs; the 78s didn't. My Robinson's back is clean with no NOB and no evidence whatsoever of a nameplate being removed. It cannot be anything but a 78.

I picked up Ozzie Smith's 1979 San Diego Padres game used jersey from his second year in the majors. It is autographed by Ozzie and from what I have been told it is the only Ozzie Smith Padres jersey that has ever surfaced on the market. This is most likely the same jersey that he was wearing on his 1980 Topps card.