Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Alex Rodriguez "gamer" fielding glove ??

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    First, I believe Arod and/or the Yankees wouldn't admit that, as they don't
    want it to be known that it's even possible that things can/are stolen from the clubhouse/field.

I think if you have factual information about these gloves, then great and let it be know.
    False, both AROD and the Yankees would let it be known that the gloves were missing and they would investigate the owner of these gloves if they were stolen. Thats easy to assume considering the importance of a gamer glove. Secondly, i dont have factual info on these gloves but trust me, i have an educated guess. Dont forget that two gloves were also catcher's mitts and they were Posada models. Interesting to say the least that every glove that the guy bought were Yankee gloves. Do you see a connection? Maybe im crazy, maybe i think i know a little too much, or maybe someone should do a little research on the Yankee bullpen catcher. This might be fun.

If anyone is at the Yankee game tomorrow check out what the bullpen catcher is using as far as a glove in batting practice while shagging balls. Im pretty sure its an AROD black Robin Ventura model. If im wrong dissreguard anything i said in this thread. Thanks.

Just to add a little more here, i dont think the bullpen catcher sold these gloves. I think they were his but for some odd reason they got out of his sight and in the wrong person's hands. He is from the same part of town where these gloves were re-sold. Arod gives him gloves to break in all the time and you will see him using them in batting practice. The brown version show all that use IMO because he used it for most of the season. The black one shows so much less use because Arod didnt make the switch until late in the season and the bullpen catcher only had a few weeks to try to break that one in. Check dates and you will see what i mean. Once again, call me crazy but this is what i think and i have no factual evidence to back this but im putting two and two together. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    Just to add a little more here, i dont think the bullpen catcher sold these gloves. I think they were his but for some odd reason they got out of his sight and in the wrong person's hands. He is from the same part of town where these gloves were re-sold. Arod gives him gloves to break in all the time and you will see him using them in batting practice. The brown version show all that use IMO because he used it for most of the season. The black one shows so much less use because Arod didnt make the switch until late in the season and the bullpen catcher only had a few weeks to try to break that one in. Check dates and you will see what i mean. Once again, call me crazy but this is what i think and i have no factual evidence to back this but im putting two and two together. Opinions?
    Very interesting. Again, I have a difficult time believing that whomever sold those gloves to a sporting goods store, didn't know what they had. However, now based on your information, it does make sense that they knew what they had and why the person who sold them to the sporting goods store sold them for $25 a piece. Because they knew they weren't used by arod. Very interesting information/opinion.

Thanks, Tony

You could also think that selling the gloves to that store and buying them back could cut out any question of where they originated. Just another random thought.

You could also think that selling the gloves to that store and buying them back could cut out any question of where they originated. Just another random thought.
    Carlevv,

Interesting theory. Unless the store was in on it, how could the person who sold them to the store for $25 a piece be sure that he'd be able to buy them back at an extremely low price?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Thats just it, maybe an employee had something to do with it? I dont know if thats even cool for me to say but hey you never know. Im just bringing up these points for the heck of it. I'd hate to discourage the guy who bought the gloves as they are really cool if you ask me. Im just stirring enquiring minds a little thats all. I like everyone else is curious how this happend so im just covering all the bases. Seems a little weird how it went down but god bless everyone involved. Its a great story.

Confirmed today with one of the Yankee players that the bullpen catcher's car got broken in to and the gloves are stolen. FYI, AROD never used the gloves either. The bullpen catcher used the gloves and he had them in his car while he was catching someone at USC. He made a police report that someone broke into his car and stole his bag which contained the gloves. The PD is investigating the person who sold the gloves to Play It Again Sports. Hate to say i told you so but i told you so. If i was the guy who bought the gloves i'd be a little bothered but hey, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. He has two AROD gloves but they were never worn by him. Thats not cool.

Pretty amazing info you dug up. Please keep us posted on anything else you hear. Have the winners of the auction been contacted by police to explain that they have stolen merchandise?

Regards,
    Dave

Confirmed today with one of the Yankee players that the bullpen catcher's car got broken in to and the gloves are stolen. FYI, AROD never used the gloves either. The bullpen catcher used the gloves and he had them in his car while he was catching someone at USC. He made a police report that someone broke into his car and stole his bag which contained the gloves. The PD is investigating the person who sold the gloves to Play It Again Sports. Hate to say i told you so but i told you so. If i was the guy who bought the gloves i'd be a little bothered but hey, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. He has two AROD gloves but they were never worn by him. Thats not cool.
    Unbelieveable! The winner of the gloves paid $10,000 total for both arod gloves. I am going to email the seller of the arod gloves with this information, as I'm sure if it's true, both he and the seller should be very concerned.

I'm also going to contact Denny Esken and make him aware of this, as he was mentioned in the article and I would hate for his name to come up if this information is true. However, Denny only stated the gloves were authentic (and they are), not game used.

If the catcher did make a police report, then it is a matter of record. If this catcher did use arod gloves to break them in before games, then the possibility of this information about these particular gloves could be very true.

What's really scary is, if these gloves are sent in to be authenticated, and are.