Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Johnny Mize and Bobby Brown bats

For several years I have been looking for a Johnny Mize Louisville Slugger from his time with the Yankees from 1949-53 and a Bobby Brown bat from his 1949-51 Yankee years. I have never seen a Mize bat from those years and have never seen a Brown bat at all. Just wondered if anyone knew whether there are any bats from those years for either of these players around anywhere?

Re: Johnny Mize and Bobby Brown bats

I have a Booby Brown game used bat with letters from Vince Malta and John Taube. Also a letter on Strike Zone letterhead that bat was given to Ralph Houk by Bobby Brown.

Hal

Hal - great to see you on the Forum! Hope all is well with you!! Drop me a line sometime if you have any bats for sale - Forum Members - Hal is one of those guys that flies under the radar, but is an advanced GU bat collector and a great - great guy.........Jim - jcaravello@nc.rr.com

Could you tell me what brand of bat it is? If you have any interest in selling it let me know. Thanks, Crawford Long

Re: Bobby Brown bat

Crawford,

It's a Hanna Batrite Early 50's Block Letter Bob Brown 35 inch, 32 Oz. Model 3M. Bobby Brown autograph in black Sharpie on the sweet spot. Meant to put that on the initial thread. I haven't seen any other Bobby Brown bats in 20 years of collecting.

Since I mainly collect 55-61 Yankees, I would consider selling it for $375.00. Scans are available.

Thanks to Jim Caravello for the kind words. The check is in the mail.

Hal

Hi..
    I'd be interested in pictures of the bat if its still available.
    Thanks
    Matt
    Bub13@aol.com

If you could send me a scan also I would appreciate it to c.long@texnet.net I amd interested. Thanks

After looking at your post again, I'm a big fan of the '61 Yankee team. Do yo have any bats you would be interested in selling? Particularly interested in Hecotr Lopez and perhaps Bobby Richardson but also possibly others as well. c.long@texnet.net

The Bobby Brown bat is sold.

I want to thank Hal for the Bobby Brown bat. I had been looking for one for a long time. In his post Jim Caravello said Hal was a great guy and I can agree with that after dealing with him. And I can say Jim is a great guy too.