Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Historic Denial?????

Hello everyone-

Funny thing happened to me this morning.

I logged in to my Historic Auctions account to ask questions about some items in their auction.

I had already asked questions and offered proof backing up my claims about the following lots
    bo jackson
    strawberry
    jefferies
    nolan ryan jersey
    robin yount
    vlad guerrero

When I was writing my question about the lack of customizations on the Joey Porter jersey something odd happened. I was bounced from my account and can no longer log in.

Repeated attempts to reset my password would not help fix the problem.

It's funny, I decided to play by their rules and log in to ask questions to get answers and either 1) There's a glitch in the system or 2) They don't want to hear about problems with their auction items.

I'll let you know what happens. The problem has to be a glitch because I know if it were me, and someone had questions about the items I was selling, I'd be happy to answer. If I didn't, it might seem like I had something to hide.

I could see from the IP addresses of people reading this site that folks at Historic have been checking up on the forum, so see what you can do about fixing your website and getting some of those questions answered.

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Historic Denial?????

If that is the case that they intentionally blocked or deactivated your account for the sole purposes of not wanting to hear your legitimate concerns, then that is unbelieveable. You would think they would want to know in order to maintain a good reputation.
    Word of mouth is a powerful tool. Don't people realize that the more they do these type things, word gets around. It is really worth making a few dollars up front, to only find yourself not being able to sell much later.
    I think there are just to many people who jumped into this hobby only to make a dollar. They lack knowledge, experience, and most of all, they just don't care. How they sleep at night I'll never understand.
    Sellers should be responsible to ensure they know what they have and what they are selling. Although the buyer should do their homework (which I just learned myself), it should mainly be the sellers responsibility to ensure what they are selling is legit. Too many excuses these days.
    Hope it isn't what you think it might be. If so, then this again just confirms how much I''m beginning to not trust anyone in this hobby.
    Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    It is really worth making a few dollars up front, to only find yourself not being able to sell much later.
    Sorry, I meant, "Is it really worth making a few dollars up front, to only find yourself not being able to sell much later?"

i have not read anything that would lead me, to making a purchase with an auction house. i have never and will never consider that option. is the sole purpose of contacting an auction house with a question or a legimate concern over authenticity? or are some just policing the hobby? i wouldnt get on the high horse after this forum was letting game cut yankee shirts being sold here. yes i know they were clearly noted as game cut....... but we all knew what would happen latter.... the response WE CANT CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS LATER. was lame then and im still angry about this. maybe someday youll be writing to these auction houses about some game issued yankee shirts that were hawked right here under your nose have a good weekend Jeff

I like the work you are doing Eric. It's obvious you're putting a lot of time and energy into this...and at no profit for you. Even if they think you're a pain in the ass gadfly, I do not understand these tactics. Not allowing you to view the auction from this forum and not allowing you to contact them is facist. I have considered bidding on a few of their items in the past, but their recent behavior is unprofessional and absolutely ridiculous. I will never do business with them, period. Tony is right, word of mouth is powerful. They really sent a powerful message to the collecting community and it wasn't a positive one. They are the only ones damaging their reputation and business.

Chris

Banned

Eric-
    A fellow co-worker sent Historic an email seeking specific info on one jersey that appears to be extremely suspect.

There is no way that this individual is connected to GUU, or is trying to reach their site via GUU.

It's been well over 24 hours, and no response has been received.

A class act.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I received an email from James Brown from Historic Auctions offering to re-send activation if I was having problems logging in.

I appreciate Mr. Brown's offer and would love to log back in to get my questions answered.

It was nice to hear from Mr. Brown who has yet to respond to my emails about Historic's auction policy or even questions about items in their previous auction and undisclosed conflicts of interest.

Perhaps now we can get those answers and the others we're looking for.

I'll keep you all posted.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore!

Gosh I'm hooked on this, I'm not one to post but it seems every night there is something that makes me compelled to ad my two cents. It is quite obvious that this website is having a huge impact on informing and protecting collectors. How does this website make money? I would assume the upcoming auction will be the main ,if only source of revenue. Common sence says that we all need to support GUU in order to ensure that this terrific website continues to inform us about some of the inscrupulous SP? activities that are going on. Heck I never even heard that word used before, so I learned something as well here.

I am going to support this company by consigning some of my favoriate items. I hope you all do something to support GUU. Chris can you please contact me to discuss some items that I would like to consign.

Thanks!

Here is another good idea, you can simply buy an annual membership because that money is used to run the forum.

Regards,
    Dave

Dave there is a subscription offer? What do I need to do?