Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Re: Getty images

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Funny you should mention him. I just got an email from him politely asking me to remove a post from another message board. I'd listed his contact info and mentioned that he seemed to be able to make prints of any Getty pic.

Maybe Getty read your post...

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Funny you should mention him. I just got an email from him politely asking me to remove a post from another message board. I'd listed his contact info and mentioned that he seemed to be able to make prints of any Getty pic.
    I've been informed that this is the exact reason we have lost our source.....Nice

I've been informed that this is the exact reason we have lost our source.....Nice
    I'd seen his contact info posted on a number of message boards. How do you think I found out about his service? It was hardly a secret...he even had a website.

Nice going, Greg!

Just kidding, dude.

Everybody knew about that guy. I never understood how he got away with it for so long but I definitely took advantage of his services a few times. Hate to see the wheels come off of that gravy train but it was bound to happen.

The bottom line is there would be no need for under-the-table photo sellers if Getty's prices were anywhere near realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    The bottom line is there would be no need for under-the-table photo sellers if Getty's prices were anywhere near realistic.
    I have a completely off-topic question for you - can you shoot me an email at jeller@milesstockbridge.com? Gracias.

E-mail sent.

Re: Getty images/WHY SO MUCH?

Hi guys, quick question has anybody found out the reason Getty images charges so much for a picture? If they read this board maybe they can respond...back in the day THE NFL had a site where one could purchase photos for under $10 now I am hearing their trying to tell alot of the photographers that their pictures are actually the property of the NFL....

Hey I am just trying to pick up a few photos for my collection however even though the better pictures are on sites like Getty or worse one site where I was told they don't sell to the public...what gives....

Any light one can shed on this subject would be great!

I think that the issue is that Getty et al, are not for people like us.

If you were Time Magazine and were doing a story on Arod, you'd be ok paying $300 for a pic.

Getty doesnt understand that game used collectors use Getty for photo matching. They interpret our desire for pics as a way to profit off of their images, like a magazine would.

Once they realize that they are leaving money on the table by pricing us out of the picture (no pun intended), they may change their mind.

Jim

Getty Images

I know there has been alot of debate on this site regarding how to purchase pictures from Getty Images. What is the easiest and cheapest way to buy pictures from Getty?