Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Re: Getty Images

Team,

The poster was correct on pricing. Getty Images will permit the buyer to upload the photo for $220.00. This is Getty's fee to print one photo. If you want to print 2 or more the price goes up. The pricing is based on quantity, what you are going to use the file for, and for how long you want permission to use the file. I do not know if they offer their services to individuals. As the partner in a company that I own, I am having our marketing/printing firm purchase two baseball photos for me for $220.00 each. They will then enlarge each picture (in my case 20" x 30") for $80.00 each so I have a total of $600.00 for two photos.

I would not go down the road of printing more photos than you are authorized to print. If you are caught the fines could be in the tens of thousands of dollars, plus you will be sued in their state, which I believe is NY....It is just not worth it....besides it is stealing.

If you want the name of my marketing firm you can email me at mweimerskirch@rsi-llc.com

Take care

Mark

Thanks for the help Mark, that is actually what I wanted to know. For $300 I could have a nice image blown up on a canvas.

Yeah I regret the statement I made on multiple copies, I would not be interesting in doing that anyways even if I could.

From everything I can gather, anyone, either a business or indidvual can do this.

Take care

Before going directly through Getty, you may want to contact Barry Meisel of the MeiGray Group (www.meigray.com). He's worked out a deal with Getty to allow for greater access to their photographic database and, depending on what the overall volume they've had with that deal, may be more helpful (and cheaper) than going through Getty directly.

Re: Question regarding Getty Images

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10
    Here's a way to get your photo matched picture for 19 cents. Find the picture you want (I usually use google images cuz theres no logo across the photo). Then simply print it using walmarts online photo center. It's the same price as regular photos (19 cents each for a 4x6). I actually just got some printed today. I got a few 5x7 pics printed to get autographed since I can't afford to buy tons of photos. They have really nice color AND it's on high-quality paper. Also it only cost me $2 which was already paid by credit card when I first ordered them on walmart. Here's a link to it:

http://www.walmart.com/photo-center?...5426&dept=5426
    What you just described is known as copyright infringement and can cost you in the tens of thousands if he copyright holder were to persue a lawsuit.

I would not recommend this very unethical and criminal way of saving a few bucks.

Right now, Barry and Meigray only sell photos of hockey jerseys purchesed through Meigray. They use the service as a way to photo match the hockey jerseys Meigray sells.

Barry said in another thread that if there is enought interest, he would look into other sports. So giving him a shout would let him know there is interest in other sports, but I doubt he can get you the photo you are looking for unless it is a Hockey photo

Getty Images?

I don't want to sound like I'm ignorant, but do you have to pay for Getty Images now? I know that you can still look at the thumbnails for free but I can no longer get the regular-sized photos that I used to be able to get by clicking on them. Is this a problem I'm only having or do you have to pay for the privelege of looking at them?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tim

Re: Getty Images?

try disableing your pop-up blocker for that website.

Banned

I am not having problems accessing their images as usual.

Thanks guys. Must be my computer. I tried it on a different one and it's fine. I'll try and figure it out here!

Tim

Could someone please post a link to there site, thanks